Week 11: Miami at NY Jets

KimuraGod

I am thinking very seriously of catching the red eye out of Orlando on Christmas day and flying up to New Jersey to see the Jets vs Jacksonville game. This is going to be the coming out game for Zach Wilson, and this game will be a classic. The only problem is the price of the tickets are skyrocketing they are up to $7.50 per ticket.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

54 yards of offense in the 2nd

FIFTY FOUR

Fifty freaking Four!!!

Thats absurd. That in itself needs someone fired or benched

We are just looking for something to hang our hat on, and it never happens game after game. Just another lost season.

I don't know why we're using the week 11 thread, but I'll go with the flow.

Great start to the game, with Zach starting 6/6 and the D getting the early pick. But similar to the Eagles game, our offense ground to a halt in the second half.

A few points:

• I had no complains at all about Zach's play from the first half. Started 6/6, had a catchable ball dropped, and a few plays where there was just nothing there. Our entire offense crumbled in the face of pressure in the second half though, and that needs to be fixed, including Zach holding the ball in the face of pressure and even losing it once. Some of this should be helped by having better playmakers in, like Moore returning, but a lot of still on Zach to make quicker decisions on those plays. I do think he's improving, though it's not a fast process and not a straight line.
  • Our run defense is so bad. It just makes everything easier for the opponents, week after week.
  • On the other end, it was a really impressive performance covering Miami WRs, and the secondary getting two picks including the pick-six. We still give up yards to TEs though.
  • Speaking of TEs, we got 93 passing yards from our TEs today (Kroft, Griffin, Wesco). I would definitely prioritise us getting more talent at that position in the offseason, because it does seem like a spot that can help get the offense (and Zach) going when we get good play from it.
  • Our run blocking badly needs to be improved. I like Carter a lot but he keeps having to run straight into piles of guys and we're getting long yardage situations.
  • Crowder's throw/lateral to Berrios was great. Berrios as a good STer and 4th WR is a guy who won't cost us much that I'd like to see back

The Toilet Bowl next week against the Jags is our last realistic chance for a win. With Urban out as coach there, it should be competitive. Personally I hope both young QBs light it up.

Edited by TheChad

53 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Wait till you read or rather don’t lol, Rich Cimini’s article on how Quinnen should get the richest contract in Jets history. 

I read it yesterday, right after Duke Johnson ran over him for the 7th time yesterday. Another over hype guy we draft it a high # 1 pick.

I was shocked when I read a few articles about coaches on the hot seat and Saleh was not on it. He should be on the hot seat. You guys do know that the Jags will beat this team right. T Law will look great and put up 350-400 yards with 4 TD's and Wilson will be around 150 yards no TD's and 3 INT's. 

Did you guys see some of those stats the Jets put up. They had not scored a TD in like 105 minutes of game time. This O is putting up numbers at a record pace for the worse O in NFL history. Then you add a D that is already the worse D in NFL history by stats. I don't care who is on the team and who is coaching but that should NEVER happen. You almost have to work at it to be that bad. 

On a side note if this team does move over seas I'm done with this team. I will look for a new team. No way should England or any other country have a team. This is an American game and should stay that way. You want your football team go start your own league. You guys have soccer and the US hates soccer. They have tried so man times to force soccer on the US and has failed. If the Jets did move my teams of choice would be the Cards or Chargers. Probably Charges because they have always been my second fav team. I like the bolt and colors. 

• Like 1