Week 11: Miami at NY Jets

KimuraGod

Game day thread;

Thoughts on the qb situation? 

What do we want to see moving forward as the ‘soft’ part of our schedule starts. 

My birthday Sunday too. I remember us beating the Texans on my birthday back in 2010. Santonio Holmes game winning catch. Better times boys 😢

From an exciting standpoint I would have rather of seen White. Flacco does nothing for us this is a desperate move honestly. I expect to lose this game and the HOU game is going to be very close. Our defense is so bad. 

It sucks to say but I hardly even care anymore where we draft or what our record is. This staff has been so disappointing. I have no confidence that we will be any better next year. I really have no idea how we have 2 wins lol. 

God damn putting Flacco in might be the last straw for me and this coaching staff.

Mike White has played two full games. One great against a decent defense. One terrible against a great defense. In a game where legitimately everyone on the team and coaching staff was absolute garbage. Give him another chance while your #2 pick rookie is out. There's value in giving him more of a chance to show which game was the anomaly. He could still have a future on the team in some capacity. He's still able to learn and get better. Starting 55 year old Flacco who just joined the team a few weeks ago has no benefit and shows Saleh giving White an extremely short leash, whilst simultaneously allowing the NFL's worst defense (by a mile) to just continue as is.

I want to find reasons to trust this coaching staff, but everything they touch is getting worse, not better.

The last time Flacco started a game for us against Miami we lost 24-0. Let's hope it goes better this time.

I'm also both shocked and disappointingly not surprised at all that he's unvaccinated. I feel like that could come and bite us as a nice chery on top of the crap sandwich that is this season.

13 hours ago, ekill08x said:

From an exciting standpoint I would have rather of seen White. Flacco does nothing for us this is a desperate move honestly. I expect to lose this game and the HOU game is going to be very close. Our defense is so bad. 

It sucks to say but I hardly even care anymore where we draft or what our record is. This staff has been so disappointing. I have no confidence that we will be any better next year. I really have no idea how we have 2 wins lol. 

I agree. There’s no real buzz for the game but having Wilson or White at qb would clearly make things much more interesting. 

Defensively we are quite honestly so bad that I find excuses to leave the room and end up coming back to see us conversing another 7 points 😂😂

Saleh needs to go. If people don’t like just giving him a year then that’s fine. But know this…we are then a further two years back in this ‘rebuild!’ because he has been a shockingly bad hire. I’d love him to turn it around but I see zero evidence of any coaching capabilities to get this changed. 

Starting Joe Flacco to try and salvage a few wins against other ****e teams to save his job should be remembered when people on here say he needs more time.

HES PLAYING JOE ******* FLACCO TO SAVE HIS JOB. He doesn’t give a bollocks about the young guys on the roster and the overall development of our team. Just remember that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Benching White after a tough game against one of the best defenses in the league isn't sitting right with me. 

Same mate. Shocking decision. Imagine being Josh Johnson. Comes in cold playing Indy after barely seeing the field in god knows how many years. Throws for 300yards and 3tds in 3qts and never seen again 😂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I could not agree more, this Flacco, move is a panic move by another weak Jet coach. Ever since Saleh came up with crazy statement why Mims is not playing, because he want Mins to learn all three receiver position. The only difference between Gase, & Saleh is Gase, has hair and Saleh is bald. Time to tell Rex Ryan we are sorry and we want you back. A Rex Ryan defensive would not give up 175 point in four games. AND THIS GUY SALEH is supposed to be a defensive minded coach.

11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Benching White after a tough game against one of the best defenses in the league isn't sitting right with me. 

He’s desperate for a W and for whatever reason thinks Flacco gives them the best chance.

it’ll be glorious when Tua lights up his defense on Sunday 

• Like 1

This might be the first game I skip in my last 38 years being a fan. I have never missed a game before. I just don't get why you start Flacco. White should be the guy and see how he does. This coaching staff has no faith, plan, idea or class on how to run a team. When your HC comes out and lies for 3 weeks in a row you know there is trouble. So if Flacco is like 3 and out for the first half do you still bring him out or go with White. I got news for you Saleh you better be more worried about your D than the O. If Tua puts a 40-50 bomb on your D you might be out of the NFL completely by the end of the season. This is a massive panic mode for this team. I think Saleh is hopiong to pick up some cheap wins to save his job but I think it is too late. When Arizona moved on after 1 year and got Kingsbury that set the stage for other teams to follow this. 

Now for the game

Jets fall behind 17 -0 by the first and Flacco has 3 picks by half time. The score is 24-0 by half. Saleh the fool that he is and a moron puts White back in. White makes a come back but falls short. The story then is "If Saleh would have started White he would have won. 

Miami 34

Jets 28

23 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This might be the first game I skip in my last 38 years being a fan. I have never missed a game before. I just don't get why you start Flacco. White should be the guy and see how he does. This coaching staff has no faith, plan, idea or class on how to run a team. When your HC comes out and lies for 3 weeks in a row you know there is trouble. So if Flacco is like 3 and out for the first half do you still bring him out or go with White. I got news for you Saleh you better be more worried about your D than the O. If Tua puts a 40-50 bomb on your D you might be out of the NFL completely by the end of the season. This is a massive panic mode for this team. I think Saleh is hopiong to pick up some cheap wins to save his job but I think it is too late. When Arizona moved on after 1 year and got Kingsbury that set the stage for other teams to follow this. 

Now for the game

Jets fall behind 17 -0 by the first and Flacco has 3 picks by half time. The score is 24-0 by half. Saleh the fool that he is and a moron puts White back in. White makes a come back but falls short. The story then is "If Saleh would have started White he would have won. 

Miami 34

Jets 28

I guess I am the only one behind this move to Flacco. I mean look, is he great? Of course not. If he past his prime? Absolutely. Is he an NFL QB? Yes. Is he the ONLY NFL QB on our roster? Perhaps.

The GM traded for him, what are we supposed to do not play him? We have a rookie who can't play in this league yet (hopefully it is just yet, and not ever), a journeyman 26-year-old who had one epic game and then the typical epic fail to follow that up, and a 35-year-old journeyman who is fourth string for a reason. And we are complaining that the coach has gone to Flacco? 

If Flacco throws picks on Sunday, would that really be any different than anybody else we have had under center? 

The defense is terrible, absolutely. But would it be THIS bad with Carl Lawson, Vinny Curry, Lamarcus Joyner and Marcus Maye playing? 

It's funny, everybody wanted a rebuild here. Everybody embraced the losing and said it is necessary. Everybody said this was going to be a long long process. Well, apparently it is not nearly that long if we are already ready to dump Saleh and the coaching staff. Are you also ready to dump Wilson and look for another starting QB? Because it is basically the same thing. Either you embrace the rebuild (which I never really have, I don't believe in rebuilding in the NFL) or you don't. 

Flacco is a statue, no question. The lack of mobility places even more pressure on the O-line. However, he will also probably eat a few sacks instead of throwing picks. Baby steps. He might also get Corey Davis and Elijah Moore playing to their capabilities. The deep ball should be there much more with Flacco under center.

I don't know, guys. Make up your minds. Do you want to rebuild or do you want to start over (AND rebuild for the umpteenth time)? If Saleh goes, then Douglas should definitely be gone with him. And then the starting QB decision is once again up for grabs. Which it probably should be, because I have not seen a worse QB in this league this season than our very own No. 2. 

I just find it harsh to judge the head coach when most of his key pieces on defense are missing.