Half-Way Point - Head Coach of the Year

goldfishwars

Halfway Poll - Head Coach of the Year  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your head coach of the year at the half-way point?

• Todd Bowles - Jets
    • Sean McDermott - Bills
    • Sean McVay - Rams
    • Doug Pederson - Eagles
    • Sean Payton - Saints
    • Andy Reid - Chiefs
    • Mike Zimmer - Vikings
    • Other (Please State)

31 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

It's crazy he only has 3. And one of them he had to win every game 

Well that's cause coach of the year means "what head coach had the most dynamic season from low expectations to over achieving and reaching some form of greatness". It doesn't really mean. "Who is he best head coach". 

Just like MVP really means "who is the best/most dynamic player on the best team". 

50 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Well that's cause coach of the year means "what head coach had the most dynamic season from low expectations to over achieving and reaching some form of greatness". It doesn't really mean. "Who is he best head coach". 

Just like MVP really means "who is the best/most dynamic player on the best team". 

NFL "awards" are to achievements, as coloring with crayons is to literature. 

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Lets not diminish the fact a bortles led offense is 8th in ppg. Thats more impressive imo over a 2nd with goff. Its not a wonder how good a 1st round qb can look when you give him some good recievers and a stud lt. 

The Rams' offense ranked 32nd in 2016 AND 2015. They're now #2 (were #1 before the bye week). A lot of people claimed Goff was a bust. So no, it's not more impressive than the Rams being #2 right now. 

Hell, your coach also has a first round QB, but you're claiming he's a detriment to your offense. On the other hand, Goff is now being claimed as a benefit to the Rams. 

Stop being a homer. The Rams currently have a better record and a win over the Jaguars. If the Jaguars do what they should do over the second half of the season (against a very soft schedule), Marrone will be in the running for sure. However, to this point, he's clearly not ahead of McVay. There's really no need to keep making misrepresentations to try and boost Marrone. He'll have his chance over the next 9 games.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

The Rams' offense ranked 32nd in 2016 AND 2015. They're now #2 (were #1 before the bye week). A lot of people claimed Goff was a bust. So no, it's not more impressive than the Rams being #2 right now. 

Hell, your coach also has a first round QB, but you're claiming he's a detriment to your offense. On the other hand, Goff is now being claimed as a benefit to the Rams. 

Stop being a homer. The Rams currently have a better record and a win over the Jaguars. If the Jaguars do what they should do over the second half of the season (against a very soft schedule), Marrone will be in the running for sure. However, to this point, he's clearly not ahead of McVay. There's really no need to keep making misrepresentations to try and boost Marrone. He'll have his chance over the next 9 games.

Jeff Fisher and good offense go together like cats and water.  I think u have to give a guy atleast 2 seasons to be determined if your a bust or not. 

How many years has blake started. This is his 4th year as a starter.  He is what he is at this point. He is "the worst starting qb in the nfl".  The only time Bortles is actually fairly good is garbage time. Hes also "the most interception-prone qb in the league.   Thats pretty much what everyone thinks of blake bortles as a qb. You can not argue those facts. 

Congrats you beat us cuz our special teams essentially gifted you 17 points.  The punt unit gave u a blocked punt for 7 and also the ball on our 45.

Im still waiting for why he wasnt included as a poll option given how the jags have turned around under him. 

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Jeff Fisher and good offense go together like cats and water.  I think u have to give a guy atleast 2 seasons to be determined if your a bust or not. How many years has blake started. This is his 4th year as a starter.  He is what he is at this point. He is "the worst starting qb in the nfl".  The only time Bortles is actually fairly good is garbage time. Hes also "the most interception-prone qb in the league.   Thats pretty much what everyone thinks of blake bortles as a qb. You can not argue those facts. 

I don't need to argue those "facts." We went from the 32nd ranked offense to the 2nd ranked offense. I don't care what justifications you give. That's more impressive than your offense being 8th.

Congrats you beat us cuz our special teams essentially gifted you 17 points.  The punt unit gave u a blocked punt for 7 and also the ball on our 45.

Yes, we beat you. I don't need to hear the excuses.

12 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Jeff Fisher and good offense go together like cats and water.  I think u have to give a guy atleast 2 seasons to be determined if your a bust or not. 

How many years has blake started. This is his 4th year as a starter.  He is what he is at this point. He is "the worst starting qb in the nfl".  The only time Bortles is actually fairly good is garbage time. Hes also "the most interception-prone qb in the league.   Thats pretty much what everyone thinks of blake bortles as a qb. You can not argue those facts. 

Im still waiting for why he wasnt included as a poll option given how the jags have turned around under him. 

You're referring to last year's Blake as the most interceptable prone QB. He's still trash, but he's at least had a couple of good games. I don't get the argument though, why does having Blake mean your coach is the best in the league?

And special teams is the 3rd side in a team. Completely part of the game and cannot be used an excuse for a loss. It's like saying 'we lost because our defense gifted your QB easy passes'.

36 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm trying to decide whether or not Jeff Fisher was that bad or if Sean McVay is that good.  I'm leaning to a middle ground because the Rams have been very impressive this year, but Fisher literally has the most losses in NFL history. 

He also has a career record above .500 after 20+ seasons as a HC. He's not that bad. McVay is just that good. And by not that bad, I mean not that bad as a HC overall. He's an absolutely terrible offensive mind and is completely unwilling to hire OCs who have the pull to change his ineffective, outdated system.

Just now, jrry32 said:

He also has a career record above .500 after 20+ seasons as a HC. He's not that bad. McVay is just that good. And by not that bad, I mean not that bad as a HC overall. He's an absolutely terrible offensive mind and is completely unwilling to hire OCs who have the pull to change his ineffective, outdated system.

Fisher had 8 or less wins in 16/22 seasons.  Don't try to convince me Fisher was a good head coach. 

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Fisher had 8 or less wins in 16/22 seasons.  Don't try to convince me Fisher was a good head coach. 

No. What I'm telling you is that Fisher can't be the worst coach of all time when he has an above .500 record after 22 years as a NFL HC. He was just a dinosaur who the game passed by when he was with the Rams. He was a bad HC with the Rams. But the Rams amazing improvement is attributable to how great McVay is. McVay hired an elite staff of coaches, his offensive scheme is brilliant, and his player development has been outstanding. He's a great HC.

Archived