Last of Us 2 - POTENTIAL SPOILERS. Poster Beware

BobbyPhil1781

On 7/26/2020 at 6:06 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Apparently a popular Twitcher was banned for weeks bc she misgendered Abby?? This is one of the more ridiculous things I've read. Apparently she's not trans and that got her banned? Lol. Sooo stupid.

Yeah not surprised. When Woko Haram mobilise, they're pretty effective.

On 7/1/2020 at 2:01 PM, Tyty said:

My thoughts:

-excellent game

-played very similar to uncharted 4

-I would’ve absolutely wanted the head of Abby but after playing as her and getting her story I wanted her and Ellie to just go their separate ways

-Abby was hilariously buff which made a cool dynamic in play styles. Abby was a good run and gunner and Ellie was for stealth. It was tough as Abby not having ellie’s Infinite knife 

-I couldn’t care less that Ellie is gay. People that are getting butthurt about it are annoying. They weren’t in your face about it either, there weren’t any “press triangle to scissor or finger bang” parts or anything. The lesbian scene of Dina and Ellie was a little conflicting for me though. On one hand, it was a little egregious and in the other hand was my pp. sorry I just needed to make that joke. Actually it was kinda neat playing as a lesbian character for the first time. 

-Carrying on the story of the first one to show that Joel did something absolutely monstrous and people viewed him as a devil was amazing. 

-the combat wasn’t bad, an improvement over the first one. The hand to hand with dodging made it super easy if there wasn’t anyone else around. 

-I posted in here a knock on these kinds of games about the bunches of npcs you encounter and kill being clones of each other with no name but didn’t expect that to be addressed at all but it was actually refreshing when you’d take one out and someone else in their party would yell “nooooooo Tina!!!!”

-Joel and Ellies rickety relationship was compelling after they left the hospital. Ellie still had tons of respect and love for him despite his actions but his actions caused a lot of resentment of him and her own self. I was kinda bummed when I thought the first time you go to the farm was the end of the Game and I didn’t see any pictures of Joel around the house. Think that was because she had ptsd about his execution and didn’t want to think about it so it wouldn’t trigger an attack. 

-they were almost game of thrones-ey with character deaths, or at least that was my thought when I thought tommy was killed (I could’ve sworn Abby shot him in the head when he was on the ground). Abby losing all of her friends and then finding a new friend in a former scar shows the climate of the world in that loss is felt but expected and you need to constantly adapt to survive. 

-**** that infected thing in the hospital basement/garage 

-I think my only dislike of the Game was being unable to backtrack if you accidentally go the right way. I wanted to see and find everything 

-I don’t hunt trophies anymore cause platinuming it makes me never want to return to it but it looks like this one is a super easy one to get. No difficult challenges like “headshot 67 infected in 4 seconds”

-I have all the respect in the world for Naughty Dog and every game I’ve ever played by them. I don’t really care about them mistreating their employees. If it’s too bad, leave. If you can handle the perfectionist atmosphere, good. It’s the Michael Jordan approach. Whiny millennials. Leaks hurt the developer but also hurt the fans that don’t want to have a game they’ve been waiting 7 years for spoiled by some whiny dude that couldn’t cut it. 

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. 

The game isn't without it's flaws but it was great in it's own way. My biggest gripe is what you noted that if you went forward, you couldn't go back to explore. Hated that. I learned too late that if you have to hold triangle, you're reaching the point of no return. 

I like how you touched on how both fighting styles differ as well. I also agree that at first, I wanted to cut Abby's head off but by the end, my thoughts had changed especially when Lev was introduced. Hey character went through an insane amount of development that I'm not sure why people are whining there's a lack of that dynamic in the game. That's absurdly false. 

The game was very difficult, a great challenge (to me), the graphics were insanely excellent, again, the game play was a big step up from the first, and it was all around an excellent game. I'm very happy with it and think it's a solid GotY candidate.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Just got this. It's stunning (no surprise). Between this and Ghosts of Tsushima, there were some beauts in 2020. 

Wait until you get to post apocalyptic Seattle. Absolute insane world design they came up with.

This game is going to mentally screw you over, but if that's what you want to get out of your content, you're in for a treat.

PS, I loved it.

• Like 1