The Ftont office or the coaches?

hornbybrown

4 hours ago, dawgattack said:

OK...that's pretty rich. I'm "obtuse" and a "sucker" because I'm open to the possibility that the top guy in the organization's football operations hierarchy likely has a little bit of say regarding the QB of the future. Your condescending attitude belongs in the sand with your buried head.

No, you're obtuse for refusing to accept what both Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown have stated directly to you and the rest of the world.

You're a sucker for believing some revisionist history media leak from Hue Jackson's personal mouthpiece, when the person embedded with the team up to and on draft day, has repeatedly said that Hue did not like Wentz enough to take him at 2 ("not even close").

Believe what you want, I guess.  Don't let facts or information get in the way of falling for a CYA media blitz of epic proportions. 

I really do think if yall got rid of Hue just before the season is over, Cleveland might be a real hot spot for coaching applications considering yalls positions in the draft. Not to mention the pieces yall already have in place. You guys just need a coach who can teach the players to execute a simpler playbook and just go from there. Really, your team looks like its one or two pieces away from being set up to be great for the next decade. 

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I really do think if yall got rid of Hue just before the season is over, Cleveland might be a real hot spot for coaching applications considering yalls positions in the draft. Not to mention the pieces yall already have in place. You guys just need a coach who can teach the players to execute a simpler playbook and just go from there. Really, your team looks like its one or two pieces away from being set up to be great for the next decade. 

Appreciate the input.

All that was set up by the same front office that Hue is trashing in the media and his press conferences more often than he calls stupid plays.

On 12/3/2017 at 10:38 PM, ditchdigger said:

So you think the Chief Strategy Officer had a bad grade on him so we passed?

Don't be so obtuse.

Here's the full quote:

"We have to make judgments on the individual players and we're not always going to be right. But in this particular case, we just didn't feel it was necessarily the right bet to make for us at this time. Again, it comes down to individual evaluation of a player. We will not always be right on those type of things.

So, you satisfied that it was his judgement that Wentz wasn't going to be a solid franchise QB and so he passed on him and you think that indicates he was smart????

"I think the hardest part, and where we have to stay the most disciplined, as much as you want a player, you can't invent him if he doesn't exist. In a given year, there may be two or three NFL-ready quarterbacks at the college level. In another year, there literally may be zero. There just may be not be anybody in that year who's good enough to be a top 20 quarterback in the NFL.

Except, he did exist and his name was Wentz!!! So, your judgement basically stunk!!!

"Even though you have a desperate need for one, you have to resist the temptation of taking that guy just because you have a need if you don't believe he's one of those 20 guys at the end of the day. I think that's the hardest part, just maintaining your discipline because you have the need. That's what we did this year."

You were right about one thing, he wasn't a top 20 guy, he is potentially a top 3 to 5 guy???

Was it Paul DePodesta having Pep Hamilton dunking footballs in a bucket of water at Wentz's pro day? Was it Paul DePodesta who said "The earth moved beneath my feet" after RG3's workout?

The fact that we signed RG3 immediately after the Wentz pro day should tell you all you need to know about who is calling the shots at QB, if you choose not to believe the owner or GM who have been adamant about it being Hue's job to pick his QB.

Why would a GM assign the task of picking the team's QB to a HC with so little experience at drafting??? Had he proved he could spot talent in a draft in his former job??? Only a total incompetent would pass his job on to an inexperienced appraiser of talent and think he was making a smart move??? Now if it was the owner's decision, then a good GM would have quite right there and moved on to a franchise that believed in him.

I am merely looking at all the evidence, reading beyond the sensational headlines, and seeing the simple truth. Hue sold himself as the guy who could solve the QB dilemna, as an offensive mastermind, and has failed in all regards. He is a fraud and a liar, and the worst coach in the history of the Browns. 

I suspect the GM OK'd Hue right to decide who would be his QB and that indicates to me that he is complicit in the chose. As GM, he must have given Haslam assurances that HUe was a good choice as their HC and was worth listening to as to who could be a franchise QB. Either that, or he was quite satisfied to pin his job security on HUE without raising any doubts??? Again, either way, he comes out a total loser!!!

11 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Believe what you want, I guess.  Don't let facts or information get in the way of falling for a CYA media blitz of epic proportions. 

LOL! If you want to believe that the front office's hands are clean regarding the trio of green QBs on our roster, debating with you is a lost cause. 

On 12/3/2017 at 10:43 PM, ditchdigger said:

In other words, you hate a far superior product that costs you nothing.

I write a political blog and articles for websites and google slanted their algorithms toward one side of the political isle.  Since I spend quite a bit of time writing this blog I set bing as my default.  I don't want to get into politics on the site so that is where I will leave it.

16 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Appreciate the input.

All that was set up by the same front office that Hue is trashing in the media and his press conferences more often than he calls stupid plays.

Are you sure about that?

He has called an awful lot of stupid plays.

16 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I don't know about the next decade unless maybe if we get a Hoodie clone to coach.

Ty, though.

I agree that this would be a sweet spot to land.

5 hours ago, dawgattack said:

LOL! If you want to believe that the front office's hands are clean regarding the trio of green QBs on our roster, debating with you is a lost cause. 

It usually is anyway.

Ditch usually is right.

7 hours ago, Wolfhunt said:

I write a political blog and articles for websites and google slanted their algorithms toward one side of the political isle.  Since I spend quite a bit of time writing this blog I set bing as my default.  I don't want to get into politics on the site so that is where I will leave it.

Gotcha.  Figured it was political after I posted it, but we can leave it at that.

12 hours ago, dawgattack said:

Clean?  Certainly not.  If I have any problem with them, it is trusting Hue Jackson to guide them on the correct QB choice.  But even then, you have to blame Jimmy more than Sashi, for giving Hue (WHO turned down Philly because they wouldn't give him personnel control) as much input as he got, and the stupid organizational structure that has Hue reporting to the owner instead of the GM.

Sashi's job is to add talent.  You can't tell me he hasn't done exactly that.  He has given Hue the QBs he has wanted, with the exception of Goff (who we had no shot at) and Mahomes (who KC traded up ahead of us to get).  Hue also liked Trubisky, but Sashi made the correct call in drafting Garrett #1 instead of Mr. Biscuit.  Sashi has also stood in the way of Hue giving Cincy a 2nd and 3rd for AJ McCarron, which would have been the most lopsided trade since Hue's Raiders gave Cincy a 1st and 2nd for Carson Palmer.

So yeah, I stand with Sashi and this front office.  They are doing their job.  Their biggest problem is the owner and the HC/OC/QB guru they are saddled with.

This article sums up where I stand on Cueball:

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/12/08/cleveland-browns-never-hue-jackson-fault/

Especially like this:

"Last year, Jackson put the blame on Ray Horton after going 1-15. Horton did a better job with his side of the ball than Jackson did with his, but Horton was fired and Gregg Williams was brought in to replace him.

This year, Jackson is trying to make the case that Sashi Brown and company couldn’t give him enough players to win. Evidently, adding players like Myles Garrett, Emmanuel Ogbah, Larry Ogunjobi, Derrick Kindred, Corey Coleman, David Njoku, Shon Coleman, J.C. Tretter, Kevin Zeitler, Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Jason McCourty, Jamar Taylor and Jamie Collins just aren’t good enough to get one win this season. (Emphasis added tor the Cue apologists)

Hue Jackson is fantastic at blaming people. He’s just not good at winning football games, having just one so far in 28 tries. This is a worse mark than the John McKay led Tampa Bay Buccaneers when they were an expansion team that predated free agency. Firing Sashi Brown is questionable enough, but retaining Hue Jackson potentially for another season is the type of unmitigated disaster that will be its own chapter in Cleveland Browns lore."

Archived