Christmas movie mafia- bah humbug. Not a Christmas movie wins!

bcb1213

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not answering the question is tantamount to answering it wrong and you know it. It's not the same thing. Using the phrasing of the role PMs isn't cheating but it's not playing the game as intended.

3 people didn't answer. It certainly didn't doom you for not answering. Also you refused to announce your movie title. No one complained when I asked for those. Wouldn't that fit your bill of "not playing the game as intended?"

I'm sorry, there was no rule stating to not do this such thing and insinuating that I cheated or played the game unfairly is not only insulting but flat out wrong. I specifically state in my rules what is and isn't allowed. I am notorious for killing people off for editing posts. I follow the rules.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

You were the man. You made the Whicker choice when I couldn't because I made to a scenario where he just messed up lol 

There were too many things that didn't add up. I laughed so hard when @theuntouchable accused me of not reading the thread because I reread it some many times I could almost quote things verbatim. I was gauging to see if @Whicker would spring to action to try to sway me one way or another, but it never happened. I was genuinely concerned I had doomed a civ by you defending him though.

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The mason role was at the very least bastardized or non-traditional. With the rest of the game shaking out the way it did, it was very logical for us to deduce that if one mason was town, the other should be as well.

I mean ya'll had an investigator a commuter they couldn't kill half the time and a protector in a 10 vs 3 game.  Had to balance that out a little 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Got it, anything goes if no rule is stated, sorry you couldn't figure out the game without relying on PM fishing and still failed cause I told the truth 

You played a great game my friend. I am sorry you messed up and answered a question you didn't have to. If you find a workaround that doesn't violate the rules go for it. I know you are salty about this situation now, but I hope that going forward you will understand that the mistake that was made wasn't by me, but by you.

Look forward to the next game playing with you Orca.

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I mean ya'll had an investigator a commuter they couldn't kill half the time and a protector in a 10 vs 3 game.  Had to balance that out a little 

Like I said, I liked the layout of the game. I just think that with everything being "traditional" that the curve of unaligned masons probably wouldn't have been figured out by anyone. I told you before and I will say it again, I appreciate you for hosting this. I enjoyed your game. I know you were at least bothered by what I did because of your writeup for the night, but in hindsight that should have been a clear indication that I was 100% town and that mafia was salty.

Did you by chance have a contingency on the masons that if one died the other did as well? Like the "Twin" role instead of a mason. That may have been more appropriate given the way the rest of the game was laid out, but again I enjoyed playing.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

You played a great game my friend. I am sorry you messed up and answered a question you didn't have to. If you find a workaround that doesn't violate the rules go for it. I know you are salty about this situation now, but I hope that going forward you will understand that the mistake that was made wasn't by me, but by you.

Look forward to the next game playing with you Orca.

No the mistake was the host not giving me a wincon in my PM, or giving scum the town wincon/PM to begin with, or having no rules i guess. I still view all PM games as cheating. Nothing against you, so many people have done it. Also I didnt screw up I answered the question correctly, you do understand I wasn't given a wincon in my PM

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was pretty candid about my role and ability. I didnt know who blue was, figured he was the remake lol. Never asked

If I was in your situation I probably would have fished a little more in the chat room, particularly when we figured out that Whicker lied about his Movie title and that there was a direct correlation of movie title to alignment. Especially since you had hesitancy about whether you could trust him or not. It was a very difficult position to be in. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I still think you played your role to the best of its capabilities. You were at the very least honest for the entirety of the game.

3 minutes ago, The Orca said:

No the mistake was the host not giving me a wincon in my PM, or giving scum the town wincon/PM to begin with, or having no rules i guess. I still view all PM games as cheating. Nothing against you, so many people have done it. Also I didnt screw up I answered the question correctly, you do understand I wasn't given a wincon in my PM

This doesnt matter. You didn't deduce that town was given a wincon. You chose to speak on something from a position knowing that you were mafia and you had a chance to blow your cover and thats what happened.

BCB admitted in his PM that he took the blame for the wincon thing not being distributed, but I hope that you see your error in the matter. Its never 100% one persons fault for these situations. I'll take 10% of the blame for you dying. You can take 45% if you want and BCB can have the other 45%. But to say that you made no mistake or didn't screw up is just wrong.

Besides this moment, I can't find a single thing were you screamed mafia to me though, so again I thought you played very well.

5 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Merry Christmas everyone, especially @theuntouchable 🤪. I'll be back when someone has a game up.  

merry-christmas-grinch.gif

Merry Christmas Pickle.

I probably won't get my game up till after new years if someone wanted to go before me. My wife is having surgery in January and I will be taking leave until she is better so I should have some serious downtime for games.

• Like 1