Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (4/15/2022)

seminoles1

Trailer actually has my interest. I just hope this Credence is a Dumbledore thing is a ruse. Best theory I've seen and I'd be on board with is that the obscurial in Credence is the same obscurial that was in Ariana.

It's still weird with a recast of Grindelwald. I'd almost want them to recast him in every movie at this point; make it part of his character that he switches up his appearance. General audiences probably wouldn't like that and get confused, though.

• 3 months later...
38 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

D9-B06-F50-5942-49-A4-A8-D9-111259-C988-

Me @ WB right now:

1421640011433.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist, mate. 😄

Sad. I love HP and actually loved the concept of how this started, but way too much controversy and changes going on with Rowling, Depp, Miller, etc. Plus the 2nd one just wasn't well written and was overstuffed which killed a lot of interest from the general public. We won't be seeing the end of this series because of it and that's unfortunate, because exploring young Dumbledore is so intriguing as a fan of the books. I doubt we even get a 4th film from the original 5 film concept. If we do then it will for sure be the last and the budget will be cut significantly.

Another big problem is they made Dumbledore's complicated backstory and  Grindelwald these big deals in this series (instead of sticking with the original concept)...but I bet every movie only fan of the series has no idea because the main HP films didn't dwell on these things at all outside of fleeting, passing mentions. Had better seeds been laid in the films for Half Blood Prince and The Deathly Hallows regarding Dumbledore then there would have been more interest in that from the beginning. Without those breadcrumbs, it just looks like they pivoted away from the original, lightheaded concept for no reason other than to name drop. My friends who love the movies but haven't read the books had absolutely no idea of the complicated past of Dumbledore or who Grindelwald even was until I told them. I know Grindelwald is in The Deathly Hallows Part 1, but it's for a total of like 30 unmemorable seconds.

This should have been two different spinoff series + there should have been more of Dumbledore's backstory explored in the last 3 HP films.