Chiefs place DT Chris Jones in COVID List

kingseanjohn

56 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Every potential playoff team should be implementing strict protocols at this point. Missing top players at this point can break your season. 

I agree! It was a useful carrot before the season started. But with everything happening right now, go back to indoor masking, daily testing, and whatever process you had last season. If they keep going the way they are, the Super Bowl winner will be whoever has the smallest Covid list.

2 hours ago, kramxel said:

Slater is a much bigger loss. Pipkins is an "out of the NFL" level replacement.

Probably but Chris Jones being out at least means that our guards can help Pipkins out a lot more than they would be able to otherwise. 

Also they’ll be without Sneed/Gay as well it looks like. So hopefully our receivers have an easy time getting open quickly. 

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 2

On 12/14/2021 at 10:34 AM, kingseanjohn said:

Every potential playoff team should be implementing strict protocols at this point. Missing top players at this point can break your season. 

Curious if he actually tested positive on Monday or Tuesday. If it was Tuesday, I would have thought he would be ruled out by now.

38 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Curious if he actually tested positive on Monday or Tuesday. If it was Tuesday, I would have thought he would be ruled out by now.

If he was tested Tuesday morning or early afternoon he’d still two consecutive days where he can test negative before the game starts. I think the NFL Protocols allow that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

If he was tested Tuesday morning or early afternoon he’d still two consecutive days where he can test negative before the game starts. I think the NFL Protocols allow that. 

I guess I’m trying to figure out the turnaround time for the tests. Also didn’t realize you can test the day of the game.