Las Vegas expected to host Super Bowl in 2024

RaidersAreOne

Starting with Super Bowl 60, teams that have never hosted a Super Bowl should get the Super Bowl at those stadiums, then once every team has had their stadium host a Super Bowl, a lottery would determine the rotation for the next 30 Super Bowls, and every 30 Super Bowls will be subject to that same rotation hence forth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

Starting with Super Bowl 60, teams that have never hosted a Super Bowl should get the Super Bowl at those stadiums, then once every team has had their stadium host a Super Bowl, a lottery would determine the rotation for the next 30 Super Bowls, and every 30 Super Bowls will be subject to that same rotation hence forth.

Yeah, let’s just not do this.

• Like 1

So from Super Bowl 60 until 73, before any other team that has already hosted a Super Bowl can host another one, Super Bowls must be hosted by the Bills, Patriots, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Steelers, Titans (who have hosted as a Houston team, albeit not in the Astrodome, but never as a Nashville team), Broncos, Chiefs, Bears, Packers, Eagles, WFT, Panthers and Seahawks, not necessarily in that order.

On 12/15/2021 at 7:17 PM, pf9 said:

The AFC North is the only division that has never hosted a Super Bowl, let's not continue that torture much longer.

There's a reason for that.

Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cincinnati aren't the biggest tourist attractions during anytime of the year, let alone in February.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 6:12 PM, pf9 said:

That sounds fair to me.  There is no reason why every team shouldn't be able to take a turn hosting the big game.

13 hours ago, DawgX said:

There's a reason for that.

Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cincinnati aren't the biggest tourist attractions during anytime of the year, let alone in February.

Don't think that has as much to do with it as you might believe TBH. It's all about the weather. While die hard fans of each of those cities might enjoy cold weather games, those paying Thousands upon thousands of dollars for the SB experience,  aren't trying to be in 2 ft of snow, possible sub teen or Godforbid below zero weather for 5+ hrs. Let's be real. 

Let alone all of the SB week activities and 1/2 time show being put in jeopardy as well due to possible "weather". The fact the NFL got extremely lucky during the NY SB, doesn't mean they want to tempt fate again. I believe NY had a Blizzard 3-4 days after that SB was played. Can you imagine, had that occured the week leading into the SB or day of??

It's a novel concept and agree every team should get an opportunity but it's not happening IMO. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

I look forward to the Green Bay Super Bowl being in -40 wind chills due to a freak polar vortex like in Jan 2019.

The league doesn't mind taking the disposable income of the (incredibly loyal) people who live in Green Bay every year.  It isn't going to hurt the country's fans to sit in the cold.  If it is too hard, I'm sure the Cheeseheads and other people in Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit, etc., would be willing to brave the cold to have the experience of going to the Super Bowl in a market near them.  It's only fair.  If the league is willing to take their money for the other 364 days a year, they can give them a Super Bowl once every 32 years.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

The league doesn't mind taking the disposable income of the (incredibly loyal) people who live in Green Bay every year.  It isn't going to hurt the country's fans to sit in the cold.  If it is too hard, I'm sure the Cheeseheads and other people in Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit, etc., would be willing to brave the cold to have the experience of going to the Super Bowl in a market near them.  It's only fair.  If the league is willing to take their money for the other 364 days a year, they can give them a Super Bowl once every 32 years.

Oh I was actually being serious there tbh. Would be interesting to see how teams do when it be that cold and such. I mean the likelyhood of it being that cold is low, as only 3 days out of the year get like that I am guessing. At worst wind chills be like what -15 during a given week?

2 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Oh I was actually being serious there tbh. Would be interesting to see how teams do when it be that cold and such. I mean the likelyhood of it being that cold is low, as only 3 days out of the year get like that I am guessing. At worst wind chills be like what -15 during a given week?

Oh, OK.  Yeah, it would just be a matter of good or bad luck.  I can remember when my dad used to get dressed up in a snowmobile suit to watch Bud Grant's Vikings in Metropolitan Stadium.  Like Lambeau Field, it could get pretty cool out there.  Another fun part about going to a game in Green Bay in the winter is that you still get to sit outdoors on metal benches too!

16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Don't think that has as much to do with it as you might believe TBH. It's all about the weather. While die hard fans of each of those cities might enjoy cold weather games, those paying Thousands upon thousands of dollars for the SB experience,  aren't trying to be in 2 ft of snow, possible sub teen or Godforbid below zero weather for 5+ hrs. Let's be real. 

Let alone all of the SB week activities and 1/2 time show being put in jeopardy as well due to possible "weather". The fact the NFL got extremely lucky during the NY SB, doesn't mean they want to tempt fate again. I believe NY had a Blizzard 3-4 days after that SB was played. Can you imagine, had that occured the week leading into the SB or day of??

It's a novel concept and agree every team should get an opportunity but it's not happening IMO. 

The other SB week activities and the halftime show can take place in nearby indoor arenas. For a Super Bowl in Cleveland, that would entail the use of Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse.

On 12/17/2021 at 5:41 PM, pf9 said:

The other SB week activities and the halftime show can take place in nearby indoor arenas. For a Super Bowl in Cleveland, that would entail the use of Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse.

Following up on this, the halftime show at RMF can be shown on the big screens at First Energy Stadium.