2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Bruce Irvin as well. 

Irvin would actually be interesting because he played Sam, not Leo in the Seahawks defense I'm pretty sure. Was pretty reliable for 5-8 sacks in that role, which is pretty good if you can pair him with a legit outside rushing leo and Buckner

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

Missing all the excitement of us getting involved in all these trades.  Still, all I really want is a couple of really good, quality starters in FA.  We don't really have a lot to offer up in trades. Arik, and who else?

Trent brown maybe. 

2 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Who in the world would we replace him with? Beadles FTL!

No idea. But the scuttle that we aren't sold on him appears to be legit, and if we have no intent to sign him, we should trade him because he has value

2 hours ago, Forge said:

No idea. But the scuttle that we aren't sold on him appears to be legit, and if we have no intent to sign him, we should trade him because he has value

Ehhh...but we just signed our franchise QB to a mega deal. I think there is still more to see if Shanahan and Lynch aren't satisfied with Brown, or don't see him as a long term option. All we really have up to this point is one cryptic tweet trying to compare him to Anthony Davis or something. 49ers should ride this one out, and maybe draft a potential replacement. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Ehhh...but we just signed our franchise QB to a mega deal. I think there is still more to see if Shanahan and Lynch aren't satisfied with Brown, or don't see him as a long term option. All we really have up to this point is one cryptic tweet trying to compare him to Anthony Davis or something. 49ers should ride this one out, and maybe draft a potential replacement. 

There was scuttle as early as last year during the season about the regime not "loving" him. There's just been a lot of...little stuff that seems to suggest that is the case. Shanny came out saying he was the best pass protecting right tackle he's ever seen, and someone else mentioned it - I don't know if that's the type of comment you make if you're trying to negotiate a contract...but it might be something you say if you're trying to negotiate a trade. I mean, I'd prefer to lock him up and keep him on the roster...but if they don't like him and don't want to commit to him, then get something for him. Maybe there's no market for him at a second round price point, but honestly, I don't know why there wouldn't be at this point, and if I'm not sold on him, then I'd make that move. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

There was scuttle as early as last year during the season about the regime not "loving" him. There's just been a lot of...little stuff that seems to suggest that is the case. Shanny came out saying he was the best pass protecting right tackle he's ever seen, and someone else mentioned it - I don't know if that's the type of comment you make if you're trying to negotiate a contract...but it might be something you say if you're trying to negotiate a trade. I mean, I'd prefer to lock him up and keep him on the roster...but if they don't like him and don't want to commit to him, then get something for him. Maybe there's no market for him at a second round price point, but honestly, I don't know why there wouldn't be at this point, and if I'm not sold on him, then I'd make that move. 

I guess I'm just not buying the potential 4D chess campaign from Shanahan and/or Lynch. I watch a lot of their pressers, and I just don't get that kind of vibe from this regime. Maybe it does happen. Shanahan after he was shut down did on at length saying that he did want him here for the long term, and though it was a good idea to have him shut it down. Or something to that effect. I'm too lazy to go find the exact presser, but from what I remember it wasn't even a big deal at all to him when Brown's season ended. 

At any rate, I don't see a better option this upcoming season at RT. 

Archived