2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

I'm not trying to single out Justone, but holding a guy who can only do ST effectively is actually not a good thing. It's generally a bad thing. If a guy wants to be active on game day and he's not starting or main rotation kind of player, you've still got to offer something at your position and ST.  Brock Coyle is a great example of a guy who was a 3rd string LBer, but clearly had some chops on defense, especially after getting his feet wet this past season. Add in the ST play and he's a roster lock. Mosert was bad in the limited snaps he got, thus he's easily replaceable. 

Just now, StevenK said:

My thoughts exactly! I guess we are going to rely on the draft or we can try for McKinnon 

Guess I should still rephrase. Not odd necessarily that he signs a lucrative contract. Just odd that they would offer it. 

Aah.. Henry is still on his rookie deal (cheap) for another 2 years. 

Guess it makes more sense now. 2 strong RBs for them... booooo!!!!!

3 minutes ago, JerseyNiner said:

The #Titans are signing former #Patriots RB Dion Lewis to a 4-year deal that makes him a Top 10 running back in the NFL.

LOL that is funny wording. The player makes the contract, not the other way around. 

That is a good signing for them. Henry certainly has the hype but hes basically a taller, faster version of Blount. Great power, downhill runner. The difference is he has better breakaway speed, but he is useless in catching passes or in pass protection. Youd think a RB that size would be a great pass blocker.. 

Lewis would have been great at running the outside zone for us and with screen passes. He was really the only FA RB that interested me. SONY MICHEL COME ON DOWN

1 minute ago, JerseyNiner said:

Anyone else interested in what players were texting Andrew Hawkins and Chris Simms saying they were trying to get to the 49ers?

probably Gabriel or some other lower tier player. 

I really don't have interest in any of the other running backs available. I could see trying to rebuild Jeremy Hill, and McKinnon would fit, but I think too much overlap with breida. At this point, maybe sign Hill, roll with Williams, mcnichols and breida and hope someone balls out

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

I know some talking head on NFLN had SF as the best destination for McKinnon. #shrugs

... and the contract offers to both Grant and Albert Wilson were LMAO craycray!!!!!

Another good reason why we extended Goodwin prior to FA starting. 

I saw Barrows mentioned we are interested in McKinnon too, you don’t think he would succeed? He played well for Minn and I assume would be cheaper than Lewis. 

Archived