EPA/play

Herbert 5th.         Stafford 2nd

TD%

Herbert 5th.        Stafford 1st

YDS per game

Herbert 4th.       Stafford 3rd

PFF

Herbert 3rd.       Stafford 10th

So in a career year, Stafford might be slightly playing better than Herbert in his 2nd year. Herbert is no question playing at a top 5 level. Considering #1 in drops by receivers and 2nd straight system and OC. That's pretty damn impressive.

You also left out passer rating which Stafford has over Herbert.

Recall when I brought up Lamar as an example that just because you have a great second season....well at this point I'll bet a lot of money that Lamar's second season will end up as his career year. Entirely possible this ends up being Herbert's career season too, which is why I would pump the brakes just a bit.

I agree that it's impressive though. He's a good QB. I see the argument for him being top 5 this year after those numbers.

25 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

You also left out passer rating which Stafford has over Herbert.

Recall when I brought up Lamar as an example that just because you have a great second season....well at this point I'll bet a lot of money that Lamar's second season will end up as his career year. Entirely possible this ends up being Herbert's career season too, which is why I would pump the brakes just a bit.

I agree that it's impressive though. He's a good QB. I see the argument for him being top 5 this year after those numbers.

The problem with Lamar is he is nothing like Herbert. They are vastly different QBs. People still question Lamar's ability to be a consistently efficient passer. I don't think anyone has those doubts about Herbert. 

The reason i would disagree with you on this being Herbert's peak year is the drops he has are tops in the league (that stuff doesnt sustain year to year) and couple of weeks ago he was 3rd in lost EPA from drops. That number might now be #1

Also this might be the first time for Herbert in like 6 years where he keeps same OC and plays in the same system for more than 1 year.

But yes, it's also possible it's his peak season to.  Or his career avg season. Time will tell.

I just know with Herbert all 3 games vs the best team in the AFC past 4 years (with starters playing), we have gone head to head with KC, with 2 OT games and 1 last possession game.

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

That is a WILD statement to make...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=StafMa00

Stafford has been specializing in coming back from a deficit for years.

How is he more physically talented? Not his arm surely? They're comparable there.

Herbert has turned the ball over 13 times; Stafford 10. Stafford has three pick sixes, Herbert two, one for each bounced off a receivers hands

So....

You seem confused. I’m not comparing Herbert to prime Stafford. He’s the better player now.