Justin Herbert is the best young QB in the league and it's not even close

biggie.

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The question about Mahomes brings up an interesting topic: At what point does a QB transition from "young" to "veteran"? Mahomes is definitely teetering that line right now.

That being said, Josh Allen and Justin Herbert both have some insane arm talent, along with Mahomes. Just absolute rifles.

Second contract? Shrug.

• Like 1

Herbert is a generational arm talent.  And his start has been great.

But it's going under the radar how well Joe Burrow is playing.

IIRC, he and A-Rod and Herbert have the 3 highest ratings facing pressure. 

Given that the CIN OL rates in bottom 5 in pass blocking (29th by DVOA last I looked) - there's room for Burrow to improve (as evidenced by his 14 picks).   Herbert's already experiencing the benefits of a better OL this year, so there's not as much room for his play to surge up because of better OL play.

Now, the big X factor in Herbert's favor - he's 2 years younger than Burrow.    So give me Herbert, but the Herbert vs. Burrow discussion is a LOT closer than ppl would believe.

(I didn't include Mahomes because he's in his 2nd contract, before KC fans take umbrage)

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 7

few things...

1. I hate these threads

2. I actually sort of agree.. If you put a gun to my head and said, you can swap Josh Allen for Mahomes, I'm saying no. Partly personal reasons, partly field reason. But if you put a gun to my head and asked the same thing about Herbert.. I'm REALLY thinking about it

edit: I don't know why a gun was necessary in my analogy lol

Edited by Tk3
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Herbert is a generational arm talent.  And his start has been great.

But it's going under the radar how well Joe Burrow is playing.

IIRC, he and A-Rod and Herbert have the 3 highest ratings facing pressure. 

Given that the CIN OL rates in bottom 5 in pass blocking (29th by DVOA last I looked) - there's room for Burrow to improve (as evidenced by his 14 picks).   Herbert's already experiencing the benefits of a better OL this year, so there's not as much room for his play to surge up because of better OL play.

Now, the big X factor in Herbert's favor - he's 2 years younger than Burrow.    So give me Herbert, but the Herbert vs. Burrow discussion is a LOT closer than ppl would believe.

(I didn't include Mahomes because he's in his 2nd contract, before KC fans take umbrage)

I love me some Burrows also. Except when we were playing the Bengals. But yeah, I feel bad that their chances of making the postseason dimmed because of last Sunday’s game. 

On a related note, if we can fix the right side of the OL and improve the running game even more, then I think Herbert would be even more efficient.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

I love me some Burrows also. Except when we were playing the Bengals. But yeah, I feel bad that their chances of making the postseason dimmed because of last Sunday’s game. 

On a related note, if we can fix the right side of the OL and improve the running game even more, then I think Herbert would be even more efficient.

Fair - just that CIN could upgrade 4 spots to get the same level LAC would get with 2 spots upgraded.