Gotham (1 and only mock)

rickyt31

Breaking Down The Batman's First Trailer: Haunting Secrets and Enigmatic  Clues

Breaking Down The Batman's First Trailer: Haunting Secrets and Enigmatic  Clues

Key Notes:

* Where players fall in the draft is based on where I think they'll be after the combine and tape/hype. 

* No contract details. 

* Yes, I always use pictures in mine. 

* The one and only mock I'm making. 

COACHING CHANGES

Life on the Sidelines: John ButlerJOHN BUTLER - DC

Bills secondary coach. 

He has been with them the last 4 years and his group has been in the top-5 3/4 years. Even with the injury of White, they are #2 in the league in passing yards allowed. He's going to be a hot name this offseason. 

RESIGN 

Fatukasi 

Berrios

Mike White (Tender)

LDT (1yr)

RELEASE

Rankins

Shaq Lawson

McGovern

GVR

Curry

FREE AGENCY ($82M) 

Dalton Schultz on Twitter: " https://t.co/JOpwxhhzRI" / TwitterDalton Shultz - TE

Cowboys are in a tough cap situation and might have to let him walk. Without a TE at all on the roster, I think we would go hard for a TE in this offseason and will likely be one of the top moves we make. There are a lot of good options out there in the free agent market and it doesn't make sense to avoid them to wait for this draft class. 

Wallace back in familiar starting spot in Bills secondaryLevi Wallace - CB

With the rise of Dane Jackson & Taron Johnson along with White returning next season, I could see Buffalo letting Wallace walk because of a bigger offer he might get. Although the draft class is loaded, we have guys like Echols, Carter, and Hall developing. The problem is, Hall maybe the only real lock as a starting outside CB. Wallace can play outside and hold the position. Hall, Wallace, and Carter would be our starting 3 CBs. He joins coach Butler. 

Giants' Jabrill Peppers on possibly being traded: 'I just want to win'Jabrill Peppers - S

We don't have a single safety on the roster that should be a starter or even on a team. If you don't like Peppers, literally imagine anyone you want here. He's becoming a free agent after an injury. They can resign him, but they have Xavier McKinney starting at SS. We take a shot at him with a short deal that works for both sides. Gives us a solid SS to work with. 

SF 49ers playoff push will start with Raheem MostertRaheem Mostert - RB

He was rumored to be on the trading block last offseason and got crushed with injuries. I don't expect a lot from him, but I think he will be a great rotation back for Carter. He's familiar with the coaches and replaces TJ. Mostert/Carter 1-2 Punch. 

49ers Re-sign S Jaquiski TarttJAQUISKI TARTT - FS

Signs a one year deal to see if he can bounce back but also holds the position long enough for a young FS to adapt behind him. Coach Saleh connection. 

TRADES

Jets trade Mike White -> <- Steelers for 2nd (From tender) 

Steelers aren't really in range to draft a QB that can start after Ben and don't have enough picks to trade up without killing the rest of the draft. We sign a vet after he leaves. 

DRAFT

Devin Lloyd returned to Utah for moments like Friday night's Pac-12  championship game1. DEVIN LLOYD/LB - UTAH 

107 tackles, 7sacks, 4ints, 2tds, 6pd. 

6'3 235lbs freak athlete who is the highest graded LB out of the last 2 drafts. 

He's going to shoot up the boards and I'm okay with it. He's the difference maker for the defense as a pass rusher, run defender, and in coverage. I'm locked in. 

Iowa OL Tyler Linderbaum could become big-time 2021 NFL Draft prospect1. TYLER LINDERBAUM/C - IOWA

Passing on this kid is hard. I was considering going with Sauce here and Patterson in the 2nd, but Tyler can be one of the best in the league early. It makes sense to jump on him early and lock the center position for the next 10 years with a pro-bowler. 

2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Preview: Purdue Boilermakers2. DAVID BELL/WR - PURDUE 

Will probably move into the first round talk, but this kid ate up some really good teams. 200+ yards against MSU * Iowa. 100+ NU, Ohio State, Minn, Uconn, and Oregon. With Crowder likely gone and Mims being done, there is an opening. Bell can play in and outside, so he fits in. Davis, Moore, and Bell. 

Georgia football offensive lineman Jamaree Salyer sidelined by injury2. JAMAREE SALYER/RG - GEORGIA

Currently is a starting tackle, but will like move back to RG (experienced RG). He comes in and eventually beat LDT for the starting RG spot. He becomes the long term answer on the right side. 

Florida State Seminoles star DE Jermaine Johnson II declares for NFL draft

2. JERMAINE JOHNSON II/DE - FSU/UGA

I've seen him name move around a bit, but I can see us going DE here just off of the potential BPA. JJ is fun to watch and high motor player. He comes in rotation with Lawson and JFM until he beats them. Lawson & JFM have a kill switch in their contracts after next season.  

Georgia Tech Football: Jalen Camp Announces He's Going Pro3. JUANYEH THOMAS/S - GEORGIA TECH

One of my new favorite safeties in this draft. 6'3 217lbs but has great range to make plays anywhere. He doesn't start day 1, but he takes the job later in the season. He can also return kicks. He's going to be fun to watch. He moves up after the combine. 

Region/state roundup: U.Va. tight end Jelani Woods to enter NFL Draft - The  Virginian-Pilot4. JELANI WOODS/TE - VIRGINIA 

Didn't light it up but love his potential here for development and 2-TE sets. As Wilson work on his accuracy, having big body targets will help. 

UCLA's Zach Charbonnet has returned home, and it's motivated him to be the  breakout star for a breakout team – The Athletic4. ZACH CHARBONNET/RB - UCLA

Michigan transfer who had a good freshman season and transferred to UCLA. Because of the amount of picks we have and the talent level in this class, I don't see us avoiding the RB spot. May wait until the end of the draft, but it will happen at some point. Zach had a great season while splitting carries. 

Fayetteville State football beats Shaw5. JOSHUA WILLIAMS/CB - Fayetteville State

Senior Bowl prospect who could come in to develop and compete on special teams. 

TRADE: JETS TRADE 5TH -> <- CARDINALS 6TH & 7TH) 

How LSU freshman kicker Cade York developed the mental routine that ended  his slump | LSU | theadvocate.com6. CADE YORK/K - LSU 

Our kicking prayers have been answered. 

Cunningham one Hogs can rely on7. MYRON CUNNINGHAM/RT - ARKANSAS 

Solid blocker with great physical features that could make him into a great RT. Will he become a starter? Who knows, but we can have him on the PS and developing behind Fant. 

OFFENSE: 

* Becton, AVT, Linderbaum, Salyer, and Fant. 

* Carter, Mostert, and Charbonnett. 

* Shultz & Woods. 

* Bell, Moore, and Davis. 

DEFENSE:

* Lawson, JFM, JJ, Williams, and Fat.

* Williams, Mosley, and Lloyd. 

* Wallace, Tartt/Thomas, Peppers, Mc2, and Hall. 

Edited by rickyt31
  • Like 1

Overall I like it. Don’t love it and think some of it is just far fetched (no way we get a 2nd for Mike White for example).

Love Devin Lloyd. But not draft him top 5 love him.

Over the last decade… only 1 LB has ever been drafted in the top 5. And that was Devin White for TB. A heck of a player… but even with 3 good years to his name, I’d say he wasn’t worth a top 5 pick. That was also a very poor draft class his year. This year there’s plenty of great players to be had rather than LB. And I totally get Lloyd is more than just a LB. But at the end of the day, his assignment will be to be a traditional LB almost all the time. Who is he most comparable to? Isaiah Simmons I’d say. And still 2 years in Simmons isn’t the hybrid stud he was thought out to be. Everyone thought he’d be a great do it all LB. Bc he could cover, tackle and rush the passer. Same as White… he’s been a good player, but I’d hardly say that through 2 seasons having 2.5 sacks and 2 INTs is a crazy good hybrid LB. Good player. But not draft them too 5 great. Heck I’d rather take the risk on a healthy Stingley or dare I even say Hamilton at FS than draft a LB top 5. Especially when the LB talent in this class is 3 rounds deep. We could get a great LB to start for us immediately in that 2nd round area even 3rd.

• Like 2

Love the direction and players but definitely can't see a 2nd for Mike White and can't get on board with taking a LB top 5, as much as I love him.  If we trade down to around 10 and get Lloyd that's one thing.  Then we are getting another 2nd round pick if someone feels like they need Stingley, Hamilton, Neal/Ikem (that's a mock I may explore soon). There are plenty of LBs we can take in the 2nd round, I really like this class for us.

JJ would be great in the 2nd round.  Charbonnet would make a monster 1-2 punch with Carter which is what I would love to do behind more high draft picks like you just did.

If we had a crystal ball and I knew JJ would be around in the second round then I beef up the OL with Neal and Linderbaum and grab JJ plus LB like Christian Harris.  Love all the potential directions we can go.  It will be hard for JD to mess up.  Even if he goes Hamilton then Stingley we get great players out of it.

• Like 1

I thought you said no contract detail but you mentioned tender and one year. 🤡

Because there is no qb class worthy of top 10 talk I won't argue with it like "no way" crap.

Anyway, I would like to see Leslie Frazier to get head coaching gig for either Bears or Jaguars so that means Butler may become Bills' DC if that happens.  Also, I don't think Jets will change coaching staff at all.

I think Jets would be able to retain White and Phillips without tendering them.  Who knows.

I like to have those new additions, though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heymangold said:

this i can get behind. still don't like davis as a WR in general but i don't see the jets competing to bring in a true #1 like Adams.

I'm in the same boat. Would be great to make a move for a big WR, but I have a hard time seeing it done although we have the picks to pull it off.