Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Don’t think scoops are usually common knowledge when they come out? Guy is an insider from UM.

as is this guy:

Apparently it’s Harbaugh who needs to convince some of the Vikings top brass, with the help of Adofo-Mensah, that he’s the right guy for the job.

Sam Webb – The Michigan Insider (247Sports): "This time that agent shared buzz from NFL circles suggesting that Harbaugh is at the top of Adofo-Mensah’s list, but that Michigan’s headman still needs to be sold to others in the organization. There’s reportedly a perception in league circles that ‘Harbaugh can be tough to deal with.’ But that’s a concern that his already-established rapport with Adofo-Mensah might quell."

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/harbaugh-badly-wants-vikings-job-and-adofo-mensah-wants-harbaugh/?fbclid=IwAR35LixeCvwixVG9xYfCjblDUlRZuaPpCIemFKtf7VEcD7OsfG0rYrCvFUc

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

as is this guy:

Apparently it’s Harbaugh who needs to convince some of the Vikings top brass, with the help of Adofo-Mensah, that he’s the right guy for the job.

Sam Webb – The Michigan Insider (247Sports): "This time that agent shared buzz from NFL circles suggesting that Harbaugh is at the top of Adofo-Mensah’s list, but that Michigan’s headman still needs to be sold to others in the organization. There’s reportedly a perception in league circles that ‘Harbaugh can be tough to deal with.’ But that’s a concern that his already-established rapport with Adofo-Mensah might quell."

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/harbaugh-badly-wants-vikings-job-and-adofo-mensah-wants-harbaugh/?fbclid=IwAR35LixeCvwixVG9xYfCjblDUlRZuaPpCIemFKtf7VEcD7OsfG0rYrCvFUc

So you’re saying no one can have a scoop prior to Minnesotasportsfan.com?

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

no, i'm not saying anything like that at all. i don't know who Sam Webb is before today, but he's highly regarded in Michigan sports apparently.

all i'm saying is it's not a done deal. it might very well be the way tomorrow goes, but tonight it's still undecided.

Just now, vike daddy said:

no, i'm not saying anything like that at all. i don't know who Sam Webb is before today, but he's highly regarded in Michigan sports apparently.

all i'm saying is it's not a done deal. it might very well be the way tomorrow goes, but tonight it's still undecided.

Well yeah, I don’t think anyone is saying it’s done. But Harbaugh isn’t going to Minnesota on national signing day unless he thinks it’s likely I imagine.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Well yeah, I don’t think anyone is saying it’s done. But Harbaugh isn’t going to Minnesota on national signing day unless he thinks it’s likely I imagine.

well yeah, that's pretty evident. it does appear he WANTS the job. but it also appears it's not his for the taking, as of yet.

all i said in the beginning was this: "there has been no substantiation of this anywhere, particularly from the Vikings or Harbaugh."

that is a truthful statement.

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

well yeah, that's pretty evident. it does appear he WANTS the job. but it also appears it's not his for the taking, as of yet.

all i said in the beginning was this: "there has been no substantiation of this anywhere, particularly from the Vikings or Harbaugh."

that is a truthful statement.

•  

Again, usually when someone leaks something like this it’s not common knowledge. If the Vikings/Harbaugh himself said it was done that’d just be common knowledge.

This is just a news/rumors thread.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

TheMichiganInsider.com's Sam Webb and WTKA Program Director Ira Weintraub host "The Michigan Insider" weekday mornings from 6-10am. The show features many prominent guests, including sports writer John Bacon, Yahoo Sports contributor Eric Adelson, and frequent interviews with University of Michigan coaches John Beilein, Carol Hutchins, Erik Bakich and more. One of the most popular features on "The Michigan Insider" is "Recruiting Roundup" (daily at 7:45am) with the latest information on Michigan football and basketball recruiting. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTKA

don't know why you said he was a MINN sports fan....

Just now, vike daddy said:

TheMichiganInsider.com's Sam Webb and WTKA Program Director Ira Weintraub host "The Michigan Insider" weekday mornings from 6-10am. The show features many prominent guests, including sports writer John Bacon, Yahoo Sports contributor Eric Adelson, and frequent interviews with University of Michigan coaches John Beilein, Carol Hutchins, Erik Bakich and more. One of the most popular features on "The Michigan Insider" is "Recruiting Roundup" (daily at 7:45am) with the latest information on Michigan football and basketball recruiting. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTKA

don't know why you said he was a MINN sports fan....

You literally linked this:

That’s what I referenced.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

sigh.... follow the source of the quote. it comes from Sam Webb of MichiganInsider.com and a local radio sports show that regularly interviews Michigan coaches.

i'm done here, man. if you don't know how to follow internet links back to their original source material, then that's on you.

peace.

34 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

sigh.... follow the source of the quote. it comes from Sam Webb of MichiganInsider.com and a local radio sports show that regularly interviews Michigan coaches.

i'm done here, man. if you don't know how to follow internet links back to their original source material, then that's on you.

peace.

Buddy, I came in here to post a link about Harbaugh. I truthfully am not clicking every link nor that invested in the Vikings HC search. Just posted a rumor that looked like a legit source from someone out of Michigan because that’s what this thread is for.

You referenced that site (which appeared to be a MN fan site) and said something about it not being backed up by anywhere in MIN and therefore means it wasn’t accurate, or at least that’s how I interpreted it.

Point being, it’s very possible for it to be scooped from someone at UM and not MIN yet. Think everyone is aware no contract has been signed and there’s likely discussion to be had to finalize things, with a chance of it falling through (as we saw with Byron/Jags). Doesn’t mean Harbaugh doesn’t have a good inkling about the likelihood of a hire happening and making that known to some people at UM. But hey, go off.

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

But what does that say to him specifically that he seems to be the only person who has to go above what everyone else has to get a shot at the head coaching job? Josh McCown hasn’t even coached and it’s looking Houston just wants to give him the job eventually. 

Im all for teams passing on Bieniemy if they feel he isn’t the guy they’re looking for, I’m perfectly okay with that. If they simply said we hired the guy we felt was best for the job then cool. When the Jets were in the market my guy was Brandon Staley, I just like how he sees the game. But all those other reasons are simply excuses IMO because as I said others fit those same reasons and were still hired.

You know what’s actually funny. New coordinators are often promoted or hired to be coordinators with little to no play calling experience. The job that actually requires play calling experience is given to people with almost none and yet the job that doesn’t require it is using the lack of it against what I see as a pretty well qualified coach. 

It says life's not fair.  So, either he can accept that and be proactive to nullify the effect of the unfairness or he can sit and wait for someone to maybe change the status quo - and that doesn't even explore the fact that while he's waiting there are almost assuredly other candidates that actually are taking proactive steps to further their own careers that are going to rise to the level of at least even competition with him.  There are 32 HC gigs in the NFL - there is always going to be scarcity.  So if an individual is not showing a willingness to be proactive in their own self-interest, why should a potential rationally think that said individual would be willing to be proactive in the interest of them (the owner) and their team?

This is very much akin to any industry wherein someone comes in to ask for a raise and feels that they're entitled to it almost entirely on the back of having extended their tenure; they haven't furthered or diversified their skillset to make a case that their contribution (and the time and labor involved in acquiring that increased skillset) to the organization clearly merits an uptick in compensation.

It's a fair assumption that Bienemy is comfortable and he's not really willing to risk that comfort to improve his case for career advancement.  Also, there is more than just experience that comes with going someplace else that allows a individual to call plays that improves a CV as a head coaching candidate.  The league, especially with its level of scarcity for HC positions, is as much about who you know as what you can do, so it logically behooves people looking to advance to expand their sphere of who they know when afforded the opportunity or when the sphere they presently have has shown to not be large enough to meet his ambition.  Then again, maybe he just doesn't have the ambition or his ambition is limited relative to how much of his current comfort he's willing to risk to achieve it.

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

My dream staff for Jacksonville:

EVP: Spielman
GM:  Spielman until a replacement is found for Baalke
HC:  Pederson
DC:  Fangio
OC:  TBD - Better not be Nagy though.
STC:  Bisaccia

It's a maybe, and I could see the combination of all except Fangio.  Not saying it can't happen, but typically there's some sort of sinew that connects some member of the higher-ups or the 2nd-tier in the staff with each of the coordinators; one of them having worked with that individuals previously or having worked with someone who worked closely with them in the past.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any of Spielman, Pederson, or Bisaccia having any connection within 2 degrees of Fangio.  And the closest connection the Jags would have to him in that instance would be the guy they're letting go and running out on a rail in this instance: Baalke.

Doesn't mean the jags wouldn't be able to pull a pretty strong veteran DC in this instance with the staff they'd be assembling there, but someone like Mike Zimmer would seem far more likely than Fangio, given what would be assembled.

12 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

It's a maybe, and I could see the combination of all except Fangio.  Not saying it can't happen, but typically there's some sort of sinew that connects some member of the higher-ups or the 2nd-tier in the staff with each of the coordinators; one of them having worked with that individuals previously or having worked with someone who worked closely with them in the past.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any of Spielman, Pederson, or Bisaccia having any connection within 2 degrees of Fangio.  And the closest connection the Jags would have to him in that instance would be the guy they're letting go and running out on a rail in this instance: Baalke.

Doesn't mean the jags wouldn't be able to pull a pretty strong veteran DC in this instance with the staff they'd be assembling there, but someone like Mike Zimmer would seem far more likely than Fangio, given what would be assembled.

I believe the assumption with Fangio is the interview the Jaguars had with him last week was reportedly for the DC gig.

If Harbaugh gets that Vikings HC position I think the possibility of Fangio drops off pretty drastically. Also think it’s super odd for a team to interview a coach for a staff position with no HC announced.