Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

Why do I raise this now?

Because the rules on interviewing new coaching candidates have changed - and teams can now interview prospective HC candidates in the last 2 weeks of the regular season.   So if a HC is likely getting the ax, especially if teams have their eye on coordinators/assistants who are on playoff teams, then we could see an earlier wave of firings than Black Monday (Monday after Week 18 games are done).

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-teams-can-now-interview-head-coaching-candidates-during-last-two-weeks-of-se

In Denver, the call is already going out by reporters (not the team's beat reporters, though, to be clear - Kiszla is far from our best, but his voice isn't the only one now).   Fangio had a master class in how to fail game management at the end of the 1H and 2H...again.    

Something to watch for....

Edited by Broncofan
Changing Title to Head Coach Hire/Fire/ Interview Rumors
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Zimmer fired tomorrow if the Vikes don’t win tonight. MN basically has no playoff shot with a loss tonight. 

I guess with 3/4 of the Baers defense being out I could see that, but Cousins should be able to drop 35+ tonight and I hope it happens so Nagy can get fired. 

Vic is a GREAT DC. He has no business being a HC. Doesn’t understand timeouts and doesn’t understand time. Dude can coach up a defense but can’t do the little stuff. Would expect the Broncos to finally separate from him. 

Matt Rhule should be gone. He is so far over his head it’s not even funny. He’s not a NFL coach. He needs to go back to college 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

There’s really not going to be many jobs this go around imo.

Nagy is definitely out. Maybe Judge? Maybe Fangio? Maybe Zimmer?

Gonna go with 4 total openings when it’s all said and done.

Would anyone take Zimmer as a head coach? Wonder what his interest level will be if MN decides to move on. He’s got a solid record as a HC but has some obvious shortcomings. Hasn’t had many flat out bad teams. 

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Would anyone take Zimmer as a head coach? Wonder what his interest level will be if MN decides to move on. He’s got a solid record as a HC but has some obvious shortcomings. Hasn’t had many flat out bad teams. 

Think he’d probably go back to being a DC if he didn’t retire tbh.

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

plus if Kirk has a good game I win my fantasy matchup and I know from experience this year that when I need Kirk to come through he never does.

MNF is a weekly torture chamber for me - "well, I've got a win so long as this scrub doesn't go off for 150 yds and 2 tds" alternating with "all I need is 2 catches and 9 yds from the player leading the league in rec catches and yds" in never going my way. 

• Like 2