Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

Just now, NYRaider said:

McDaniels was actually pushing for the Patriots to try and trade for Carr last offseason. When the Broncos miss on Rodgers, do they go for Jimmy G?

God, I hope not. I think I’d rather roll with Lock than Jimmy and that’s saying something. It was more of a tongue in cheek comment regarding the whole Cutler fiasco and McDaniels first foray as a head coach. 

For the raiders sake, I hope McDaniels has grown up a bit. Time will tell.

Just now, MontanaBronco said:

God, I hope not. I think I’d rather roll with Lock than Jimmy and that’s saying something. It was more of a tongue in cheek comment regarding the whole Cutler fiasco and McDaniels first foray as a head coach. 

For the raiders sake, I hope McDaniels has grown up a bit. Time will tell.

I'll be interested to see how you guys approach your QB situation this offseason. 

As do I, ideally 12 more years as a coordinator and his failure as a young, first time head coach taught him lessons on how to approach this job differently. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Kirk isn't really a piece, and that's the concern

Cousins isn’t that bad actually. A lot better than Jimmy. Think I had him 13 last time I ranked all 32. You would definitely prefer an upgrade though if you want to win the Super Bowl. Cousins nor Mond is the answer. But the Viking skill positions are pretty insane. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Cousins isn’t that bad actually. A lot better than Jimmy. Think I had him 13 last time I ranked all 32. You would definitely prefer an upgrade though if you want to win the Super Bowl. Cousins nor Mond is the answer. But the Viking skill positions are pretty insane. 

He's also a 45 million dollar cap hit and needing a new deal.

• Like 1

Yeah I would definitely try to upgrade, but your first year as HC you better make sure you have a QB you can win with. 

Yeah, I just don't know where you're getting it. Kirk also makes sure you don't suck to draft a guy. And I don't think Kirk ages well so I wouldn't recommend resigning him again. Very hard to win consistently with that level of QB 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'll be interested to see how you guys approach your QB situation this offseason. 

As do I, ideally 12 more years as a coordinator and his failure as a young, first time head coach taught him lessons on how to approach this job differently. 

I personally think Rodgers is coming to town, but a lot can happen. If that doesn’t happen and they don’t pursue Cousins then I think we will see Lock as the starter for next season with a high probability of targeting QB in next years draft. 

With that being said, I am not going to pretend to be an expert college qb evaluator so maybe there is somebody  in this years draft that teams actually value pretty highly. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I just don't know where you're getting it. Kirk also makes sure you don't suck to draft a guy. And I don't think Kirk ages well so I wouldn't recommend resigning him again. Very hard to win consistently with that level of QB 

Jim won with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick. I’m sure he can win a Rodger-less division with Cousins and go as far as the NFC Championship. But I can’t ever see Cousins in the Super Bowl. 

Too risky for a first year HC to let go of Cousins unless you 100% for sure have a better option. You honestly may never find a better option and fired after a few years. 

I could see Jim drafting a guy like Malik Willis and rocking Cousins one season. 

1 minute ago, MontanaBronco said:

I personally think Rodgers is coming to town, but a lot can happen. If that doesn’t happen and they don’t pursue Cousins then I think we will see Lock as the starter for next season with a high probability of targeting QB in next years draft. 

With that being said, I am not going to pretend to be an expert college qb evaluator so maybe there is somebody  in this years draft that teams actually value pretty highly. 

If Brady does in fact retire, I think the Bucs are a major sleeper for Rodgers. 

Malik Willis seems like a guy that may be selected a lot higher than what he's being mocked at rn.

Jim won with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick. I’m sure he can win a Rodger-less division with Cousins and go as far as the NFC Championship. But I can’t ever see Cousins in the Super Bowl. 

Too risky for a first year HC to let go of Cousins unless you 100% for sure have a better option. You honestly may never find a better option and fired after a few years. 

I could see Jim drafting a guy like Malik Willis and rocking Cousins one season. 

Harbaugh is expected to go to the Dolphins, bro.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

No one is arguing about cousins being okay for a year. But you're not taking that job for 2022 only, I would hope 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Over the last two seasons Kirk has passed for 8,500 yards, 88 TD/20 INT over the past two seasons. He's not a great player but he's still a good starter.

That was never the argument

• Like 1