LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

8 hours ago, Flounch said:

And we have signed Mason Crosby ! 

Not sure I like this at all. His time in GB ended on consistent terrible kicks. I thought he was done. They clearly saw something in him during the try out though. Maybe they feel comfortable with the experience he has which helps during the important moments in a game. I don’t see them trying much from beyond 45-50 yards. 

55 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I saw PFF is estimating Dotsons next contract at 69m/4 years. I don't want to lose him but wasn't prepared for that number lol

Sounds like a 3rd round pick to me lol comp picks could be great for us this offseason.. especially if Raheem finally gets a HC job elsewhere 

3 hours ago, Flounch said:

I would prefer to sign him instead of letting him go...

I get it… but 17 per year isn’t very typical of them to pay.. especially for someone who’s been on the team since August. He’s only 26 I think so I could be wrong. I’d prefer a prove it deal and make sure it wasn’t a one year thing before giving him so much money. I’m sick of the terrible contracts being given out and dead money being carrier around. The way I see it is we gave up a 2024 4th and a 2025 5th in exchange for Dotson, 2024 5 and 2025 6th… so if he leaves and gets that contract elsewhere we’d be essentially getting a 2024 3rd, 2024 5th, and 2025 6th. Not bad at all. 

On 12/14/2023 at 2:28 PM, Flounch said:

I would prefer to sign him instead of letting him go...

I think I'd agree...it's not the exact same comp but we let Saffold walk after the SB and it took years for our run game to get back on track. A young guard that is a beast in the run game is worth it to me. Hopefully we can also free up some of his money with Allen/Noteboom cuts (no idea if we even save anything there).

Well it looks like If we beat the giants and lose to the Niners then we need either GB or Seattle to lose one more game and we’re in. Obviously winning out we are in too but I’m not sure we’re beating the Niners. Was really hoping one of them would lose today and they surely got very close to doing so. Let’s hope the Vikings can beat GB because I don’t see the bears beating GB in the final week. I don’t see Seattle losing to Arizona or Pittsburg either. 

7 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Do the Packers clinch next week with a win? Or GB/Vikes get them with two wins and a Ram win loss? I think Seattle would also have to win 2x.

Packers need help. They obviously have to win out and need the Rams or Seahawks to drop a game and then I believe that puts them in. So no.. winning out doesn’t guarantee anything for them