LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

The Rams finally beat the Niners. I dont care if it was backups a win to finally get off the hook in the regular season is nice. I liked what I saw from Wentz too. We need to keep him as a backup to Stafford for next season. I dont think he gets a starting job like Baker did when he left last offseason. So Wentz can figure if he is going to be a backup be a backup in a great situation and thats here.

Puka got the rookie records which is great. He wont win the OROY but we found ourself a stud moving forward along with Kyren. 

Now its set Rams v Lions in Detroit. You know Stafford is going to be hyped for that. And I think Goff will be hyped to play against McVay too. Its going to be a great game.

Would have rather gotten Philly but we should matchup well against DET. Rush defense has been great towards the end of the season and Laporta going down hurts them pretty bad. Just need to lock down ASB. 

15 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Would have rather gotten Philly but we should matchup well against DET. Rush defense has been great towards the end of the season and Laporta going down hurts them pretty bad. Just need to lock down ASB. 

We matchup very well against Detroit imo. And we caught a break with Laporta going down. He was the key to the offense this year giving Goff 2 reliable targets on crucial downs.

There's really no way our offense should score under 24 in that game. 

If we don't play stupid and turn the ball over, I'd expect us to win. 

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 2

I never thought we would be in this position, but now we get DET in Round 1 and they are very beatable.

I'm pumped! This season has been a roller coaster and can't help but think we win that GB game with Wentz instead of Rypien, but either way this worked out for us. Only part sucks is not hosting but the hometown LA fans dont really show up anyway so its a mute point.

If we make a run here, it changes the entire perspective about what McVay/Snead have done. It will have gone from building a 1 year one to trending closer to dynasty/sustained success. 1 ring is not a dynasty, but McVays tenure since 2017 is an overwhelming success. 

• Like 2

The key on this game would be putting pressure on Goff and force him to make mistake. 

I'm always frustrated by the pass rush this year as we see that we can put pressure but not able to sack the QB. We are close to sack the QB but still miss him by inch. 

Also, if we give time to Goff, then he will destroy our secondary. 

But this prime time game is good for the Lions and the Rams ! A lot of people are hyping this game. 

On 1/7/2024 at 5:18 PM, JonStark said:

ASB is going to eat.  We need the rush to throw Goff off so that Jared's lack of calm under pressure (and the niggling slight inaccuracies show back up).  We just need to keep Kendrick from being on lined up on ASB, bracket him if necessary, and if we have to live or die by our ability to limit Williams, Reynolds, and Peoples-Jones (and Gibbs who I think could pose a bigger threat), then so be it.

58 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Should be a fun game. Have no idea what to expect.

Similar.  And I almost feel like we're playing with house-money at this point, so I'll be happy with whatever we can get out of this season and just pulling for us to build the best evidentiary case we can to attract want-to-compete-but-still-in-their-prime impact FA's in the spring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Sign and trade for pass rushers. Our last year. Throw the bag at Brian burns and Chris Jones. Complete yolo. 

The Rams dont need Jones. But if they went and got Burns or even Josh Allen of the Jags like Id be thrill. 

Its going to be interesting to see what they do with their 1st round draft pick? Its a later round pick so do they use the same philosophy of not being able to find an impact player with that pick in the 1st round so trading it to a team to get an already established player? 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

The Rams dont need Jones. But if they went and got Burns or even Josh Allen of the Jags like Id be thrill. 

Its going to be interesting to see what they do with their 1st round draft pick? Its a later round pick so do they use the same philosophy of not being able to find an impact player with that pick in the 1st round so trading it to a team to get an already established player? 

Get Jones. Koby is nice as a rotational piece. You get Jones here you’ll Donald popping for like he did with Suh. You get the big dawg the best help. Brian and Jones immediately turn us into one of the best lines.. You add BY and that’s even more speed and lethal. Offense is fine.. we need pass rushers and corners bad. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Get Jones. Koby is nice as a rotational piece. You get Jones here you’ll Donald popping for like he did with Suh. You get the big dawg the best help. Brian and Jones immediately turn us into one of the best lines.. You add BY and that’s even more speed and lethal. Offense is fine.. we need pass rushers and corners bad. 

I get what you are saying. I just don’t want to stunt Kobie growth. Plus it’s going to cost a ton for Jones and Burns. The Rams still have to lock up Dodson and get a corner. I don’t want another young corner in the draft. I want a more established talented corner already in the NFL. 

6 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I get what you are saying. I just don’t want to stunt Kobie growth. Plus it’s going to cost a ton for Jones and Burns. The Rams still have to lock up Dodson and get a corner. I don’t want another young corner in the draft. I want a more established talented corner already in the NFL. 

Idc about Kobies growth. It’s more of a benefit of playing with Donald. Bobbie coming here didn’t stunt Ernest it amplified him. Same thing will happen with Kobie. He’s good but not we can pass up on Chris Jones good. You’re getting 15-12 sacks minimum from both lined up at the same line. It’s time to reload and send the gang off into the sunset. We draft our back qb this year or next. But go all out and ball out. The culture is here the players time is now. We have the studs to do it. Kobie as a rotational piece should be even better. Specially if we cut Donald’s snaps a qtr for more rest. Too much burden is put on him, aren’t you sick of watching him being tripped all

game? Aren’t you sick of him not showing up on the stat sheet? You get him, Kupp and Stafford to restructure and we open up about 70 mil more. Cut Joseph notebooms trash as too. One of Les last trash contracts he’s handed out. My god has he handed out some bs deals. 

Edited by El Ramster
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Idc about Kobies growth. It’s more of a benefit of playing with Donald. Bobbie coming here didn’t stunt Ernest it amplified him. Same thing will happen with Kobie. He’s good but not we can pass up on Chris Jones good. You’re getting 15-12 sacks minimum from both lined up at the same line. It’s time to reload and send the gang off into the sunset. We draft our back qb this year or next. But go all out and ball out. The culture is here the players time is now. We have the studs to do it. Kobie as a rotational piece should be even better. Specially if we cut Donald’s snaps a qtr for more rest. Too much burden is put on him, aren’t you sick of watching him being tripped all

game? Aren’t you sick of him not showing up on the stat sheet? You get him, Kupp and Stafford to restructure and we open up about 70 mil more. Cut Joseph notebooms trash as too. One of Les last trash contracts he’s handed out. My god has he handed out some bs deals. 

You make sense. The Rams can make it happen if they are aggressive which I think they will be. I’m all for getting AD some help. If Kobie can get 9 sacks playing with AD then Jones should easily get 12-15. Man I can’t wait till FA starts to see who the Rams are rumored to be targeting via signing and/or trading. 

• Like 1