LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

4 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

So, barring instances where Stafford was injured, who were the defenses that really quagmired us (like we just plain couldn't move the ball or couldn't convert for TD's vs having to settle for FG's).

We've just requested an interview with Cowboys DL coach Aden Durdle

https://twitter.com/toddarcher/status/1750959472225259786?t=KmIJEmXZNp9Ru0EJPI5XtA&s=19

Well i don't know if i'm sad to see Raheem leave us for the Falcons. I like the guy, i think he's a great coach and human beeing but i didn't like the scheme in defense even if we won the SB with it. 

The philosophy of allowing yards and waiting for the mistake of others, it was painful to watch. 

I hope Mcvay brings a DC with another philosophy. I want the defense to be more aggressive !  

• Like 2

On 1/27/2024 at 10:07 AM, Flounch said:

Well i don't know if i'm sad to see Raheem leave us for the Falcons. I like the guy, i think he's a great coach and human beeing but i didn't like the scheme in defense even if we won the SB with it. 

The philosophy of allowing yards and waiting for the mistake of others, it was painful to watch. 

I hope Mcvay brings a DC with another philosophy. I want the defense to be more aggressive !  

It's comical though that the Rams defense in these 3rd and long situations was actually middle of the pack or better each year under Morris. And some people like that it looked better this year and this was the worst year for it. The dumping on Morris was comical to watch.

15 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

It's comical though that the Rams defense in these 3rd and long situations was actually middle of the pack or better each year under Morris. And some people like that it looked better this year and this was the worst year for it. The dumping on Morris was comical to watch.

But not everything is a statistical thing, you also have to look in the situation. I mean, the percentage of not allowing 3rd down or long could be better but if you allowed most of the time a 3rd down & long in critical situation then, it's not usefull. 

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Ewww no. 

The more I’ve thought about it the less I’ve liked it. I may be wrong but I feel like he sucks at matching player and scheme. 

It’s pretty annoying to keep losing half the staff every year so maybe getting someone older will create some continuity since he likely won’t get another HC shot? 

On 1/31/2024 at 11:16 AM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

I saw that they're actually considering bringing Staley back as DC. Come on guys. That season in 2020 was a fluke; playing against the NFC Least inflated their defensive ranking.

And the talent level on our defense was off the charts. We dont have that right now.

• Like 1

Just now, MDY10 said:

I’d be lying if I said I knew much about him. That said, I trust whoever Mcvay trusts lol 

Absolutely they’ve earned our blind trust. They can go out and kill 55 people and I’ll still stand behind them! They didn’t do it!!! I did it.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 11:16 AM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

I saw that they're actually considering bringing Staley back as DC. Come on guys. That season in 2020 was a fluke; playing against the NFC Least inflated their defensive ranking.

We finished #1 in PPG allowed and #1 in YPG allowed. We were also #1 in yards per play allowed, yards per drive allowed, and points per drive allowed. That's not a fluke.

• Like 2