LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

Looks like the Rams were interested in Evans. I guess we could expect a high end weapon to be added on offense?

I’ve seen rumors about interest in Zach Wilson. Wouldn’t hate that if he sat behind Stafford for a year or two.  

Would love if we somehow landed one of these guys on defense: D Hunter, Mack, Bosa, Burns (depending on $$$), or even Wilkins + either Snead or Lattimore. I believe there’s some solid Safeties out there too. 

I fully expect to NOT be picking in the first round. I prefer it at this point, especially at 19. Someone could slip but I’d rather spend that first on someone that’s already established, as we’ve been doing. 

• Like 1

I'm preparing to lose Dotson and I really think it is a mistake. It makes no sense that we'd be in on Evans who would cost a lot but are just letting Dotson walk. Maybe we know something is up there but I just don't like the use of resources. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

One less thing to worry about in the draft.

I’m sure they’ll still draft one or two lineman in this draft. I’d guess unless there’s a LT or C that they really love drops to them then they won’t be drafting any until later rounds. 

I think a rusher, corner, safety, and TE are the biggest needs right now. I really hope they can make 2 big FA signings at those positions and try to find the other two in the draft. Really curious how they approach this. 

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

I’m sure they’ll still draft one or two lineman in this draft. I’d guess unless there’s a LT or C that they really love drops to them then they won’t be drafting any until later rounds. 

I think a rusher, corner, safety, and TE are the biggest needs right now. I really hope they can make 2 big FA signings at those positions and try to find the other two in the draft. Really curious how they approach this. 

The problem is we potentially need 2 starting caliber corners. That's imo our biggest need. 

• Like 2

Glad to see Dotson back. Was a game changer on our line—what a night and day difference. Just brought that mauling presence that we have missed for SO long. I was prepared for them to let him walk because they’ve shown willingness in the past to do that. I’m glad to see they’ve learned from those mistakes. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Glad to see Dotson back. Was a game changer on our line—what a night and day difference. Just brought that mauling presence that we have missed for SO long. I was prepared for them to let him walk because they’ve shown willingness in the past to do that. I’m glad to see they’ve learned from those mistakes. 

The improved O-line is why Kyren was able to break out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I think a lot may come down to whether or not they project Avila to (for lack of a better term and moreso because it's the most recent case in the league) pull the Conner McGovern and eventually shift to play center - which may come down to how agreeable Shelton is to a team-friendly extension - be that very short-term at the wage he's expecting or at a more flexible wage over the long-term.  With this being the last year of Noteboom's contract, it's kind of six of one, half-dozen of the other as to whether he's tabbed as the LT2/LG2 floater (though that's a hefty sum to pay a backup even if he's the backup at two positions), so I wouldn't be shocked by us going OT-that-can-apprentice-at-OG on Day 2, though I'd expect it to be more of a case of a "prove you can't play LOT before ultimately being settled in at ROT" guy and you hope you catch a positive break - so someone in the vein of a Blake Fisher or Kiran Amegadjie.  I also wouldn't be surprised if we're keeping tabs as a Day 3/UDFA option on another Ivy league OT, Jalen Travis out of Princeton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Every Bills fan I've read talks about how bad he's fallen off. Same with Byard from Eagles fans. 

This is actually a pretty solid draft for the type of safety prospects we've tended to pursue.  Now does that mean I wouldn't love to have the recently-released Justin Simmons in horns?  Objectively?  No.  But given the price that a team like the Raiders (who love them some castoffs from other AFC West teams), Jags, or Bucs will offer him.  And I could, honestly, see Simmons being the type to takea team-friendly deal to ring hunt with the Chiefs or Niners - who both have saftey needs - ahead of us.  I'm happy to be proven wrong, though.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 1