LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

13 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Spreading this kind of stuff really needs to be accompanied by a source. I follow about a dozen different sources on the Rams and this is the first I've heard of this. Where is this from?

Fair enough. I can't give that up, but let's see how the week plays out. I'll happily be wrong here.

13 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

I like the Jackson signing, although I'm on the fance on Parkinson due to the money they spent on a guy who hasn't shown much.

Disappointed they haven't landed an edge rusher yet 

The more I look into it, at least Parkinson is a good blocking TE with a good upside in the pass game. I don’t get why he wasn’t used more, he seems to be athletic and has good hands. Curious to see what happens here. 

4 hours ago, MDY10 said:

The more I look into it, at least Parkinson is a good blocking TE with a good upside in the pass game. I don’t get why he wasn’t used more, he seems to be athletic and has good hands. Curious to see what happens here. 

He's also something that, frankly, with Higbee down we were seriously lacking which is a height/hops presence - and in Stafford's past that's something he's very accustom to using in the red zone.  Parkinson is a legit 6'7", not a rounded-up height.

I was more wary about the Parkinson signing because of the money involved than about the caliber of the player (especially considering the TE market and that this current draft class isn't horribly deep with guys ready to step in and be at minimum a 1b, because the guys coming out of the usual TE factories are underwhelming this batch).  Since I really can't be confident in the medicals of Irv Smith at this point, given what was available on the market, I'm a shade more comfortable with Parkinson for a bit more time and money than Marcedes Lewis (who, legitimately would have been my next-best-case-scenario) on a 1-year deal and punting a larger TE hole down the road to a future year.

Edited by Dr LBC

The thing with park is that he’s huge at 6’7 and he’s an elite run blocker. But man we had guys and I’m also sad we never developed Bryce. He was our Super Bowl hero and showed he can play when the lights are the brightest. I get it scheme fit and what not but man this one hurts. Specially because it feels like an over pay for their 3rd 4th string TE. I would have rather gotten Gerald back at TE. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El Ramster said:

The thing with park is that he’s huge at 6’7 and he’s an elite run blocker. But man we had guys and I’m also sad we never developed Bryce. He was our Super Bowl hero and showed he can play when the lights are the brightest. I get it scheme fit and what not but man this one hurts. Specially because it feels like an over pay for their 3rd 4th string TE. I would have rather gotten Gerald back at TE. 

Thing is, does the "their 3rd or 4th string TE" argument hold much weight when most Seahawks fans would have struggled to tell you the last couple seasons who their 1st string TE was, aside from who was listed as the starter on a given week.  They resigned Fant, which probably tells us something, but there have been numerous TE2's that showed to be standout TE1's that just happened to be behind either an entrenched TE1 (Goedert and Ertz before him on the Eagles, for example).  A fully fit Kupp is going to garner more targets and he and Puka tend to run a lot of the same routes and route concepts that move-TE's run in offenses that don't run as much 11-personnel as we do, so you need a TE that can do multi-faceted blocking (rubs, chip-and-go, initial block-disengage-and-delay-route) and not just from in-line.  I think the thing that's stood out the most for me about Parkinson about his blocking is his ability to quickly disengage and get clear (he's really good at using his length to achieve that), and that's a key component to one of the major routes Higbee had a lot of success for us on which was the delayed wheel route (ironically, the route he was running the play he got injured on).

• Like 2

isn't it odd, that the rams offered two first plus for burns and two years later he goes for far less and the rams are not in it?

we know that the rams were interested in van ginkel. hoecht was alot in coverage etc. so maybe thats why. which means at this point only reddick make sense?

i have a feeling the rams don't wanna spend any picks because they want to move up into the top 10 for rome?

and get an edge with that  second or third round pick in the draft.

13 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

isn't it odd, that the rams offered two first plus for burns and two years later he goes for far less and the rams are not in it?

we know that the rams were interested in van ginkel. hoecht was alot in coverage etc. so maybe thats why. which means at this point only reddick make sense?

i have a feeling the rams don't wanna spend any picks because they want to move up into the top 10 for rome?

and get an edge with that  second or third round pick in the draft.

From what I've seen, Adisa Isaac is pretty decent in coverage and in the run game in addition to being a solid pass rusher. Perhaps that's who they'll pick.

20 minutes ago, JonStark said:

The IG story of him dancing in a Rams uniform? Or did I miss something?

Seems more likely that he's aware of a move we're making. 

Yeah, that one.

There's ton of speculation online right now. That we're trading him to PHI/MIA/CIN. That we're making a move. That he's retiring. 

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yeah, that one.

There's ton of speculation online right now. That we're trading him to PHI/MIA/CIN. That we're making a move. That he's retiring. 

I'm honestly not sure how anyone can come to the conclusion he's not going to be a ram based off that video. Seems like a bit of a reach to me. 

I can't imagine any scenario that would have the Rams trade a franchise guy like that who's still one of the best in the league while in contention. 

10 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I'm honestly not sure how anyone can come to the conclusion he's not going to be a ram based off that video. Seems like a bit of a reach to me. 

I can't imagine any scenario that would have the Rams trade a franchise guy like that who's still one of the best in the league while in contention. 

I agree, he's not getting traded.

The video is nothing to write home about.

Him being left off the 2024 marketing ploy is a big deal and ties into what Im hearing. I'm expecting the announcement to come in the next day or so.

1 hour ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

so the falcons traded for ronalde moore. i guess he was the player the rams really wanted instead of tutu?

Pretty sure that was Dwayne Eskeridge, who the Seahawks legit traded one spot in front of us to draft because Snead had telegraphed his moony-eyes far too clearly.

• Like 1