LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

On 3/19/2024 at 1:05 PM, Dr LBC said:

See, this is the thing that I've been at peace with for a while.  Just because Les and Sean have a plan doesn't mean it's the plan that fans and marketing/advertiser/click-bait driven media outlets  think it should be.  I'm perfectly content with putting my trust in Snead and McVay's process - even accepting that it's not going to be perfect and there will be misses... because there is no perfect system that doesn't involved getting away with cheating.

Yeah I've read so many comments that can only be described as arrogant from Rams fans all across social media. The Rams don't about this that or the other. If the Rams are serious they'll draft (proceed to name the fans 4 top targets). The Rams must do X Y or Z. Fans aren't remembering that this is a duo running our favorite team that threw convention to the wind, dealt with the criticism from other teams fans and media and kept on doing it their way and brought home a Lombardi. 

People need to just let them do their thing and enjoy the ride. Hell there are people that will bring up picking Tutu over Humphrey ever week and will keep doing it for many many years. 

17 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Don't know about Watson but one of the better mocks I've seen in a very long time. Hopefully Watson though can return kicks or a UDFA is brought in that can because that's all that this is lacking IMO. 

49 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Yeah I've read so many comments that can only be described as arrogant from Rams fans all across social media. The Rams don't about this that or the other. If the Rams are serious they'll draft (proceed to name the fans 4 top targets). The Rams must do X Y or Z. Fans aren't remembering that this is a duo running our favorite team that threw convention to the wind, dealt with the criticism from other teams fans and media and kept on doing it their way and brought home a Lombardi. 

People need to just let them do their thing and enjoy the ride. Hell there are people that will bring up picking Tutu over Humphrey ever week and will keep doing it for many many years. 

I think it's also a shade easier for me because I'm a long-time fan of another Kroenke-owned franchise (I can't remember, but I thought you might be too?) that I would argue the Kroenke's steered into the Rams model and have had rather precipitous success - to the tune of all-but-trophies, but they're well on their way this season - so I'm familiar with just letting the chefs cook.

They very clearly have a plan - and likely multiple contingencies - which is, I would contend, very specifically why we didn't see them smash the panic button when AD announced his retirement and ship off multitudes of premium assets for a pass-rusher currently sitting on a franchise tag tender without an extension in sight.  Further, I'd contend that the reason why the idea of trading for Snead wasn't broach was because we were aware of AD's likely intent to retire and that Snead, while an exceedingly good, technical corner, has also seen his success highly coincide with the Chiefs operating Spags' blitz-heavy, attack-attack-attack defensive scheme, which we aren't in the personnel position to synthesize, particularly without AD and the 1RP it would almost certainly cost to acquire Snead.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I think it's also a shade easier for me because I'm a long-time fan of another Kroenke-owned franchise (I can't remember, but I thought you might be too?) that I would argue the Kroenke's steered into the Rams model and have had rather precipitous success - to the tune of all-but-trophies, but they're well on their way this season - so I'm familiar with just letting the chefs cook.

They very clearly have a plan - and likely multiple contingencies - which is, I would contend, very specifically why we didn't see them smash the panic button when AD announced his retirement and ship off multitudes of premium assets for a pass-rusher currently sitting on a franchise tag tender without an extension in sight.  Further, I'd contend that the reason why the idea of trading for Snead wasn't broach was because we were aware of AD's likely intent to retire and that Snead, while an exceedingly good, technical corner, has also seen his success highly coincide with the Chiefs operating Spags' blitz-heavy, attack-attack-attack defensive scheme, which we aren't in the personnel position to synthesize, particularly without AD and the 1RP it would almost certainly cost to acquire Snead.

Yes I've been an Arsenal fan since shortly after I watched some replays of David Seaman. I played keeper as a young man and enjoyed the way he played then found out he played for Arsenal and was stuck :)

Yeah as much as I'd be ok with acquiring Sneed his reported contract demands and injury issues make me hesitant. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Good for him. Glad he’s getting his life back in order. It sounded like rehab was the biggest rumor out there for his absence so if it’s true, I hope he’s gotten the help he needs and that he’s all good now and can focus on ball. Would be nice as a franchise to not have that pick be a complete waste and give the dude a chance. Even if he’s a bust, It’ll feel better considering we at least got to see him play and saw he just wasn’t the guy rather than him never play a down because of those off field “issues”. 

Edited by MDY10
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Happy the guy is getting his life together.

As a fan of the team, I wish we could cut ties. He's going to essentially be a 27year old rookie with minimal upside potential and Jimmy G will be the one to come in and win games.

I'd rather take a Spencer Rattler ins 3rd/4th to develop long term than use a roster spot on Bennett. And again, I'm glad hes doing better. (before anyone jumps down my throat for being insensitive).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

While I'm glad he's doing better now, this is not a guy who I would trust to lead a NFL team. Not to mention there's little chance he ever becomes better than average.

And yet McVay seems to want him. 

Tre white has been signed. I’ve said it before, it’s risky because of his Achilles but if our training staff gave the green light then I’m all for it. If he doesn’t pan out, then we cut ties. If it works out then we have a CB1 or CB2 for hopefully a couple years if we extend him. Maybe he walks and we get a solid comp pick. Him at 75% might still be better than what we have. 

2 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Well McVay isn't infallible. Even he makes dumb calls.

As do fans and a lot more often. Like predicting we were competing for the top pick in this draft or at least a top 5 pick. 

https://x.com/NFL/status/1772762507897413847?s=20 

So Rams sign Tre'Davious White to 1 year $8.5 Mill deal. Could go up to $10Mil based on incentives.

I would have rathered re-signed Witherspoon, but he likely wouldnt be in the 1 year deal range so its not an either or situation. The secondary is better on paper. I love bringing back D-Will and bringing in Curl, but Im scared if White is our CB1 lined up against Metcalf, Aiyuk, and soon to be Marvin Harrison Jr 6x a year. I think Achilles on a CB is totally different than any other position outside of RB and we Akers has never truly been the same. 

Hoping for the best though. Atleast there was a direction and finally adding more talent on the defensive side of the ball. 

17 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

And yet McVay seems to want him. 

Bennett has always struck me as a Ken Dorsey type - perennial backup QB and future QB coach, and ends up sticking on a roster as a result, but never really start material.  It says a lot that Dorsey stuck as long as he did with the Browns in spite of them being a revolving door of starting QB's - ironically none of which included Dorsey.  Just spitballing here, but I think this may be McVay's way of keeping a QB coach that can bridge his system to whoever eventually takes over from Stafford (in the event it's not another trade-for-an-established-vet situation and we have to invest a premium draft pick in the position), considering that he loses his coordinators/QB coaches roughly every-other year because this is such a copycat league.