LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

2 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

So with that in mind, who do you see them drafting?

I have absolutely no idea. Possibly someone like Byron Murphy? I can’t honestly say I know this draft class that well but of players I’m familiar with I could maybe see that. I saw someone else say that drafting a rookie to “replace” AD is just setting him up for failure and I actually agree. At this stage I’d assume Turner takes his spot and we go after an edge in FA or trade? 

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I have absolutely no idea. Possibly someone like Byron Murphy? I can’t honestly say I know this draft class that well but of players I’m familiar with I could maybe see that. I saw someone else say that drafting a rookie to “replace” AD is just setting him up for failure and I actually agree. At this stage I’d assume Turner takes his spot and we go after an edge in FA or trade? 

Maybe Turner will slide into AD's role.

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Tre white visiting Rams and Raiders this week. Would love it but boy does that Achilles scare me. Any other position and I would be half as worried. 

Hell to the no. We're better off sticking with the guys we currently have than picking up a guy with his injury history.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Tre white visiting Rams and Raiders this week. Would love it but boy does that Achilles scare me. Any other position and I would be half as worried. 

Hard pass on White.

His injury is one of the worst things that can happen to a CB. Want no part of that and the cap it will tie up. I wish him the best of luck. 

• Like 1

Chase young to the Saints. Really don’t know how they can know they’re losing AD and not even try to sign a legit rusher. I am absolutely mind blown. We might need to score 50 per game to win games. Off season is still young.. but not making a move on an elite defender when there was plenty available is just crazy to me. Am I the only one?? 

3 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Chase young to the Saints. Really don’t know how they can know they’re losing AD and not even try to sign a legit rusher. I am absolutely mind blown. We might need to score 50 per game to win games. Off season is still young.. but not making a move on an elite defender when there was plenty available is just crazy to me. Am I the only one?? 

Personally I don't lose any sleep or worry about these things. 

Also we likely have our new 3 tech on the roster in Turner. So we're replacing him we're not replacing AD. Also you can't replace AD no matter who you sign. You won't ever get another one no matter who they sign or draft. Also trust in McSnead the amount of freaking out and over reaction to this I've seen is just amazing to me. I saw one idiot have us draft a DT in the 1st and with our first pick in the 3rd and with one of our 6th round comp picks. 

Just relax and let the off season happen we're one week in to free agency and people are so worried about everything. 

34 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Personally I don't lose any sleep or worry about these things. 

Also we likely have our new 3 tech on the roster in Turner. So we're replacing him we're not replacing AD. Also you can't replace AD no matter who you sign. You won't ever get another one no matter who they sign or draft. Also trust in McSnead the amount of freaking out and over reaction to this I've seen is just amazing to me. I saw one idiot have us draft a DT in the 1st and with our first pick in the 3rd and with one of our 6th round comp picks. 

Just relax and let the off season happen we're one week in to free agency and people are so worried about everything. 

I agree, I’d never expect to ever have another AD at ANY position. I just worry because according to Snead, they’ve known since he signed his contract that it’s only for 2 years. They’ve known for a while that this is it which makes it even more impressive that it was never leaked. But you’re right, they’ve shown they should be trusted no matter how crazy it seams in the moment. If anything, knowing for a while probably means they have an idea already of what they want 

16 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Have you seen Mad Men? We are pulling a Heinz Ketchup. We saw how much success the Lions had with Goff and said "how the hell did he do that?" We are then trying to replicate their model since we knew our defense was going to fall off without AD.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MDY10 said:

If anything, knowing for a while probably means they have an idea already of what they want 

See, this is the thing that I've been at peace with for a while.  Just because Les and Sean have a plan doesn't mean it's the plan that fans and marketing/advertiser/click-bait driven media outlets  think it should be.  I'm perfectly content with putting my trust in Snead and McVay's process - even accepting that it's not going to be perfect and there will be misses... because there is no perfect system that doesn't involved getting away with cheating.

• Like 2

Tre Whites visit is today and he has the Raiders, Giants, and Titans next. Wonder if anything gets done.

The Achilles on a corner is extremely worrisome, but if our staff thinks he can come back and play well then I trust them. I’m not sure I trust a training staff more than ours. I’d love to see a one year deal and then let him walk or extend him after we see what he’s got. He was a good player before the injury, there’s no denying that, so I think it’s worth a shot. At 75% of what he was he’s still better than what we have lol