LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

11 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Late to the party, but I brought this up in the thread on the News sub.  You guys wanted a returner, you got one.  Is he a blow the doors off type that's a threat to take it to the house on any given return?  No.  But dude's got a consider 21+ yards per KR average for his career.

Pretty sure that's all they'll use him for. Kyren and Corum will get the lion's share of the touches.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Might watch later after lighting one up for bed. What did you get out of this? I know the Rams have this super computer that uses eye test data. 

So far only read part 1 but it’s a nice touch of analytics and the social personal stuff. Like one of their main guy who interviews players is a former coach with no scouting background so he approaches the interviews in a way that helps lower a player’s guard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Might watch later after lighting one up for bed. What did you get out of this? I know the Rams have this super computer that uses eye test data. 

I forgot to mention this but what I love most about Jourdan’s writing is that she’s a good storyteller. You’re engaged in the little details like how scouts have two cups. One for coffee and the other holds their breakfast which they don’t get to eat until much later in the morning.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2024 at 5:00 PM, El Ramster said:

Btw, I’m just so happy we draft well. Many thought it was Brad Holmes. 😂 like man. 

Holmes was part of it, but I think we've managed to show that it's a paradigm/culture that's been established that he contributed to and that the whole learned from and was able to reassimilate after he left.  A super-computer is kind of a great way of describing it.  They have a core pathology that can be tweaked as-needed without sacrificing (much) on the integrity of the whole approach.  In a way, I think they used the analytics to develop/assemble/adapt the working system rather than letting the analytics be the core driver of the system on an annual basis.  In effect, they used the analytics less on the hard testing numbers and more on the analysis/grading/etc of programs, specific tape to scrutinize, and traits to prioritize.  It's very much an approach similar to that taken in business by Southwest Airlines which kind of revolutionized staffing in that industry ("the skills can be taught/developed, you're hiring for the person that shows they're willing and capable of developing those skills").

• Like 3

On 5/4/2024 at 8:00 PM, El Ramster said:

Btw, I’m just so happy we draft well. Many thought it was Brad Holmes. 😂 like man. 

I still think it was Brad Holmes. He's knocking it out of the park in Detroit. We had one successful draft post-Holmes (last year).

On 5/7/2024 at 3:49 AM, BStanRamFan said:

I still think it was Brad Holmes. He's knocking it out of the park in Detroit. We had one successful draft post-Holmes (last year).

He spent his time learning from Les very well. 

• Like 1