LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

11 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I'll never understand why this staff doesn't prioritize the return position at all. We had legit guys in Pharoah Cooper and Powell but 90% of the time McVay is just wanting to fair catch everything.

Yeah and honestly I don't even look at kick returners. I may be wrong but it seems like league wide they're almost always touch backs. 

28 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Yeah and honestly I don't even look at kick returners. I may be wrong but it seems like league wide they're almost always touch backs. 

Right, I don't care too much who we have back there as a kick returner. A touchback is fine since we aren't really surrendering yards. We do surrender yards almost every punt. Just makes it harder than it has to be for the offense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Right, I don't care too much who we have back there as a kick returner. A touchback is fine since we aren't really surrendering yards. We do surrender yards almost every punt. Just makes it harder than it has to be for the offense.

Yeah like the kid but Trammell was the worst punt returner in the league. Get an upgrade please!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Smart signing. Although I get why they like Robinson, I think Tutu is way underutilized. 

Tutu was underutilized when Kupp came back but I love bringing back Robinson. If it wasnt for him the Rams dont make their playoff run. He played a big role in that. Now you have an offseason to figure out how to utilize Kupp, Puka, Robinson, and Tutu in the offseason without really completely phasing out one of them in the process. Not to mention Allen the tight end who will have a bigger role since Higbee will miss significant time with his injury. Unless the Rams go out and draft a tight end or sign one in FA to start over Allen. 

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Tutu was underutilized when Kupp came back but I love bringing back Robinson. If it wasnt for him the Rams dont make their playoff run. He played a big role in that. Now you have an offseason to figure out how to utilize Kupp, Puka, Robinson, and Tutu in the offseason without really completely phasing out one of them in the process. Not to mention Allen the tight end who will have a bigger role since Higbee will miss significant time with his injury. Unless the Rams go out and draft a tight end or sign one in FA to start over Allen. 

Tutu's rail thin frame makes it too difficult for him to be consistently effective. 

Just for sh**s and giggles, I did a mock draft for the Mock Draft Database, and this was my result for the Rams

19. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo

52. Adisa Isaac, EDGE, Penn State

83. Christian Haynes, IOL, Connecticut

100. Spencer Rattler, QB, South Carolina

153. James Williams, S, Miami (FL)

154. Ainias Smith, WR, Texas A&M

177. Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

191. Jared Wiley, TE, TCU

212. Joshua Karty, K, Stanford

217. Drake Nugent, IOL, Michigan

218. Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky 

• Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 9:53 PM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Just for sh**s and giggles, I did a mock draft for the Mock Draft Database, and this was my result for the Rams

19. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo

52. Adisa Isaac, EDGE, Penn State

83. Christian Haynes, IOL, Connecticut

100. Spencer Rattler, QB, South Carolina

153. James Williams, S, Miami (FL)

154. Ainias Smith, WR, Texas A&M

177. Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

191. Jared Wiley, TE, TCU

212. Joshua Karty, K, Stanford

217. Drake Nugent, IOL, Michigan

218. Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky 

I'm jumping on the Rattler bandwagon, but so is everyone else. By the time the draft process is done, he might be a second round pick. 

On 2/23/2024 at 8:48 AM, LeotheLion said:

Honestly, I kind of feel like McVay's been one of the ones on the Competition Committee that's been the driver of making teams more likely to just try to avoid returning and returns in general ("in the name of safety"); he'd rather have the roster spots for gadget guys and depth on the units that see far more playing time.

14 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Honestly, I kind of feel like McVay's been one of the ones on the Competition Committee that's been the driver of making teams more likely to just try to avoid returning and returns in general ("in the name of safety"); he'd rather have the roster spots for gadget guys and depth on the units that see far more playing time.

I have no issues with us taking touchbacks every time on kickoffs. I honestly think if you return every single one your average starting field position would be worse than the 25. But the punts are just bizarre. Austin Trammell isn't worthy of a roster spot as a WR so I have no idea why we gave him a spot as a returner. Might as well have Kupp back there and fair catch everything like he use too. That's all Trammell does and he makes me nervous af back there. I think to your last point, I get wanting gadget and depth guys. I don't see how Trammell falls into either.

Edited by LeotheLion

3 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I have no issues with us taking touchbacks every time on kickoffs. I honestly think if you return every single one your average starting field position would be worse than the 25. But the punts are just bizarre. Austin Trammell isn't worthy of a roster spot as a WR so I have no idea why we gave him a spot as a returner. Might as well have Kupp back there and fair catch everything like he use too. That's all Trammell does and he makes me nervous af back there. I think to your last point, I get wanting gadget and depth guys. I don't see how Trammell falls into either.

I think Trammel's really only gotten the spot because of the nagging-around injuries we've carried into seasons at the receiver position necessitating protecting guys who were definitely going to get way more reps at receiver and we knew we needed the depth. (i.e. Kupp coming off injury into last season, Jefferson the year prior); not that those guys would have been getting return reps, but - particularly on punts - Tutu had gotten some reps there as a rookie and could conceivably get some there this upcoming season.

• Like 1