LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We finished #1 in PPG allowed and #1 in YPG allowed. We were also #1 in yards per play allowed, yards per drive allowed, and points per drive allowed. That's not a fluke.

They had a stacked defense that year. Any D.C. could have been No. 1 with that defense. And again, it was inflated by playing the worst division in football.

7 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

They had a stacked defense that year. Any D.C. could have been No. 1 with that defense. And again, it was inflated by playing the worst division in football.

Just stop while you're behind. We played one of the toughest schedules in the NFL that year and being #1 in all those defensive categories isn't something "any" DC could have done.

8 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

We literally had Wade Phillips the year before and he produced a league average defense. I understand being lukewarm on Staley now but he was incredible for us. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I’d be lying if I said I knew much about him. That said, I trust whoever Mcvay trusts lol 

Dont know much about him? 

He's the future HC of the Bills in 2025 when McDermott gets let go. Show some respect.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 7:04 AM, Rrrrrrrams said:

i trust in mcvay 1000%. sure mcvay likes to get new ideas from outside guys but don't forget we have to fill in a couple of position coaches, enough room to get some fresh new ideas for mcvay.

The last internal hire didn't go so well, so I'm not jumping for joy over this promotion

On 2/7/2024 at 4:02 AM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

The last internal hire didn't go so well, so I'm not jumping for joy over this promotion

Who? McVay has never promoted a coach internally to a coordinator position. Only thing he ever did internally before was make Waldron pass game and Kromer run game. After Matt LaFleur the Rams never technically had an OC. 

38 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Wasn't Coen an internal promotion?

Nope

Rams assistant for 3 years then Kentucky OC then Rams OC then back to Kentucky and now in Tampa. Until Shula McVay had never promoted internally to OC. I wouldn't call Coen internal promotion because he went elsewhere to be an OC before being the Rams OC. And we all know who the Rams OC is anyways as evidenced by him not having one for a couple years. 

I know this might sound crazy. But I’ll do anything in my power to draft Drake Maye, this guy can make all the throws and sitting a year or 2 could benefit him so much. He has the best arm in the draft. He reminds me so much of Herbert. If there’s a way we should do it.

On 2/13/2024 at 1:30 PM, El Ramster said:

I know this might sound crazy. But I’ll do anything in my power to draft Drake Maye, this guy can make all the throws and sitting a year or 2 could benefit him so much. He has the best arm in the draft. He reminds me so much of Herbert. If there’s a way we should do it.

Stafford may have enough left in the tank that they can afford to draft a QB who isn't immediately ready.