Klemm is gone.

warfelg

13 minutes ago, AFF said:

Him leaving before the season ends for a “lesser” job screams either he knew he was getting the axe before the end of the season or there’s other, possibly bigger issues behind the scenes.

I think that he wasn't doing as good as they hoped, was offered more to be at Oregon, and got a bunch more responsibility.  He's OL coach, run game coordinator, and Assistant Head Coach.

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think that he wasn't doing as good as they hoped, was offered more to be at Oregon, and got a bunch more responsibility.  He's OL coach, run game coordinator, and Assistant Head Coach.

Oh, wasn’t aware of the added duties. 

27 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Leaving now, mid-season, is the real question. Guys leave the pro's for college for various reasons all the time - sometimes because they knew they were getting the axe. They don't typically do it with two weeks left in the season unless their Nick Saban or Bobby Petrino and have to get a head start on recruiting. 

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

Leaving now, mid-season, is the real question. Guys leave the pro's for college for various reasons all the time - sometimes because they knew they were getting the axe. They don't typically do it with two weeks left in the season unless their Nick Saban or Bobby Petrino and have to get a head start on recruiting. 

Not really.  Why would you want to have a guy around who you know won't have the long term interest of your team in mind.  He accepted this job a few weeks ago.  Tomlin likely saw Klemm wasn't putting all his effort on the Steelers, had half an eye one the Ducks, and sat down and they decided it was in both's best interest to just split now.  It's not that hard to see.

51 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Not really.  Why would you want to have a guy around who you know won't have the long term interest of your team in mind.  He accepted this job a few weeks ago.  Tomlin likely saw Klemm wasn't putting all his effort on the Steelers, had half an eye one the Ducks, and sat down and they decided it was in both's best interest to just split now.  It's not that hard to see.

If it's so simple, it should be easy to find examples of positional coaches and coordinators who left their team mid-season for college. If you have one, I'd like to hear it because I can't think of a single case.

26 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

If it's so simple, it should be easy to find examples of positional coaches and coordinators who left their team mid-season for college. If you have one, I'd like to hear it because I can't think of a single case.

55 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’ll refer you to former player Ramon Foster. I don’t follow other teams well enough to know every little movement of positional coaches. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I’ll refer you to former player Ramon Foster. I don’t follow other teams well enough to know every little movement of positional coaches. 

My question isn't about him taking the Oregon job, but about leaving midseason. That is definitely not a common way of going about things.

3 hours ago, August4th said:

hopefully we don't have a assistant O-line coach to promote...

• The Pittsburgh Steelers announced that offensive line coach Adrian Klemm has been granted permission to leave the team and accept a similar position with the University of Oregon football team. Assistant OL coach Chris Morgan will handle Klemm's duties for the rest of the season.

Glad they cut ties. Once you have decided to move on from production based jobs there's not need go through the motions of the two week notice. Once you stop having the best interest of the first group in mind, you're essentially worthless. Rip the bandaid and move on. 

11 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Glad they cut ties. Once you have decided to move on from production based jobs there's not need go through the motions of the two week notice. Once you stop having the best interest of the first group in mind, you're essentially worthless. Rip the bandaid and move on. 

There’s a guy on TikTok that has this theory of if you give a two weeks notice he will pay you your average hours for those two weeks and you don’t come in as long as you don’t start your new job. Why? Because you aren’t giving your all to your current job. 

• Like 1