Who's your pick in the first, if all these guys are available when we are up?

big poppa pump

Who is the guy you would take if available? (in the draft, not a date)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the guy you would take if available? (in the draft, not a date)

• Nakobe Dean LB Georgia
    • Devin Lloyd LB Utah
    • Garrett Wilson WR OSU
    • Chris Olave WR OSU
    • Jameson Williams WR Alabama
    • David Ojabo DE Michigan
    • George Karlaftis DE Purdue
    • Demarvin Leal DT Texas A&M
    • Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa
    • Kyle Hamilton S Notre Dame

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I really like pretty much all 3-4 of the Georgia guys. Good value, motors, and versatility in odd or even schemes.

I like Georgias linebacker a lot, as well as the kid from Penn State.

You and I both want a LB, but I don’t know how high we’ll get one.  I’m just glad they took JOK so some of the “we don’t need good off ball linebackers” folks can see what a good off ball linebacker can do for a defense.

I wouldn’t spend a top 5-10 pick on one, but they’re not a dime a dozen.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

This edge class feels very top heavy to me, but maybe I’m off base there.

If we keep Clowney I think we can wait on DE until day 3.  We really wouldn’t need a complete developmental prospect either, just a dude with burst off the edge.  A DPR in the mold of Takk.  That skill set is what’s needed for this defense.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You and I both want a LB, but I don’t know how high we’ll get one.  I’m just glad they took JOK so some of the “we don’t need good off ball linebackers” folks can see what a good off ball linebacker can do for a defense.

I wouldn’t spend a top 5-10 pick on one, but they’re not a dime a dozen.

No doubt. I’d almost prefer the Penn State kid because he’s more of a true 3 down Mike and can potentially be had in Round 2.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we keep Clowney I think we can wait on DE until day 3.  We really wouldn’t need a complete developmental prospect either, just a dude with burst off the edge.  A DPR in the mold of Takk.  That skill set is what’s needed for this defense.

I would pay Clowney and Ward. Pay guys with good and elite production, especially at those valuable positions. Keep the edge and secondary intact, and you essentially are loaded in the trenches on both sides, have a borderline elite secondary, two great running backs (I’d try to keep our third too), and just add some glue guys at linebacker and some valuable receiving threats. And if Baker isn’t the guy in 2022, you have a fantastic talented roster everywhere and the draft capital to make a huge move 2023 and beyond.

JMHO

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think he’s talented as hell.  Moves really well for a huge dude and looks strong af.  Will require double teams.

That said, I would question his gas tank (see my cool scout lingo @mind lies?).  I also don’t think he fits what we want at DT.  Everyone who’s actually played is closer to 300 pounds and moves pretty well.  I think Leal would be the guy they’d like to see fall more than Davis.

It my dt tackles more so than sacks I

Value people that can push the pocket so qbs have lineman 

In there face.

Edited by mtmmike
Stupid
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 5:20 PM, bruceb said:

I just hope we draft BPAs.

It proves successful over the long run.

I just think the defense can absolutely be something that offensive coordinators fear.

There is a excellent chance now that there is a 15 level sack person on board when we draft.

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

I just think the defense can absolutely be something that offensive coordinators fear.

There is a excellent chance now that there is a 15 level sack person on board when we draft.

One of those would be worth way more to us than any rookie WR.