Ravens Extend Mekari

Ray Reed

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Wonder if this means they want him to play RT next year, or if this is just "you're going to be a major contributor SOMEWHERE and we're getting ahead of the RFA decision"

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if internally they think Bozeman is going to get too much $ on the market to match and they want the insurance at C as well

If we don’t extend Boze before FA people are gonna be shocked at what he gets offered on the open market imo

This is good. I'd like to see Bozeman get an extension soon too. He's at least solid whether it's at guard or center. Mekari is the same except you add either tackle spot into that mix. Throw in a hopefully healthy Stanley and the line looks a ton better. Zeitler won't be a one-and-done.

So, as long as health permits and Bozeman is back, I'm thinking the line is something like this:

Stanley / ? / Bozeman / Zeitler / Mekari

It would be nice to see what a Bozeman / Colon / Zeitler inside group would look like but that seems fairly improbable. 

2 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

This is good. I'd like to see Bozeman get an extension soon too. He's at least solid whether it's at guard or center. Mekari is the same except you add either tackle spot into that mix. Throw in a hopefully healthy Stanley and the line looks a ton better. Zeitler won't be a one-and-done.

So, as long as health permits and Bozeman is back, I'm thinking the line is something like this:

Stanley / ? / Bozeman / Zeitler / Mekari

It would be nice to see what a Bozeman / Colon / Zeitler inside group would look like but that seems fairly improbable. 

It's great to have Mekari retained on a sensible deal, securing a passable talent at all 5 OL positions is huge. 

I'm still far from comfortable with our overall talent ceiling though. Even if everyone is healthy, Ja'Waun James included, we still need higher end options for the OL. You can't have just one truly plus player on the line(Stanley) and call it a day. 

I'm fine with letting Boze walk, no need to pay an average center the type of $$ he'll command. I think some bottom feeder club will overpay for his services and we'll get a decent comp pick. We haven't had a plus center since Jensen, and I'd really like one. Would love it if we selected 3 Early Round OL Pieces(2 Tackles, 1 IOL). 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DreamKid said:

It's great to have Mekari retained on a sensible deal, securing a passable talent at all 5 OL positions is huge. 

I'm still far from comfortable with our overall talent ceiling though. Even if everyone is healthy, Ja'Waun James included, we still need higher end options for the OL. You can't have just one truly plus player on the line(Stanley) and call it a day. 

I'm fine with letting Boze walk, no need to pay an average center the type of $$ he'll command. I think some bottom feeder club will overpay for his services and we'll get a decent comp pick. We haven't had a plus center since Jensen, and I'd really like one. Would love it if we selected 3 Early Round OL Pieces(2 Tackles, 1 IOL). 

Agree with a lot of this

The big mistake our FO made this past offseason was assuming below average to average (generous) players like Phillips, Powers, and AV would improve this year.

It would be a mistake to just hold serve next year on a line that’s been bad this year and assume they’ll get better next year.

We need some top end players on this unit.

• Like 1