BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

He’s gonna learn and not lunge and miss with those hands early as he works. He closed at the end with his speed.

He weighted in at 190 or so during the combine? I think the technique can be improved but guys like Pitts (maybe 2-4 guys in the league) are always going to be able to muscle him if they can get position on him.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I love Brandon Staley coaching style and I am high on Herbert. In big time on LA Chargers this year.

Huge fan of Staley, and that team is so talented… but man I’ve seen so many talented Charger teams just fall flat, it’s hard to take them too seriously.    

2 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Huge fan of Staley, and that team is so talented… but man I’ve seen so many talented Charger teams just fall flat, it’s hard to take them too seriously.    

As much of Staley stan I am, some people put lots of blame on him for the Raiders week 18 stuff.

I don’t blame a Reid-Mahomes combo not really being worried about them.

10 minutes ago, MD4L said:

He weighted in at 190 or so during the combine? I think the technique can be improved but guys like Pitts (maybe 2-4 guys in the league) are always going to be able to muscle him if they can get position on him.

He has added 10 pounds since 

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You aren’t going to let me have that one I see.

Well I’m just stating what I read and so the extra weight/muscle should help but physically Pitts would be a tough cover for most corners. Xavien Howard and Eric Rowe two bigger corners struggled with him too outside. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

As much of Staley stan I am, some people put lots of blame on him for the Raiders week 18 stuff.

I don’t blame a Reid-Mahomes combo not really being worried about them.

Eh. Not really talking just last year.   It’s been the Chargers MO for decades.  They are the little brother of the AFC West,  just let them hang around and they’ll F it up In hilarious fashion.   Maybe they figure it out,  but I would never put money on the Chargers.   Super talented and love the way Staley coaches,  maybe I’ve just seen too many games lost in hilarious ways over the years from them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Well I’m just stating what I read and so the extra weight/muscle should help but physically Pitts would be a tough cover for most corners. Xavien Howard and Eric Rowe two bigger corners struggled with him too outside. 

Pitts is unicorn status after all.

Has to be pretty exciting having all that youthful talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Tim foil hat says he’s not ready and they stashed him on the IR so as not to have to take up a roster spot.

That was apparent from the day he was drafted.  And practice reps would get him more ready than just watching.  Makes very little sense.

Which means I wouldn't put it past Rhule.