BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

Travis Jones and Brisker were hard to pass on when I took Pickens,  really wanted both them. 

I do feel like 2021 had more top end talent than 22. I should have moved down if I could’ve instead of up. You were smart in moving down. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Hall of fame group of “what they are in real life and what they could be.”

I liked both prospects a lot.

It will be interesting how they use Simmons this year based on what I’ve been reading. He and Parsons together gives a lot of speed at that level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Yeah but you somehow took the best player of the 3 mentioned players.

Possible,  all 3 have looked awesome.  

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

I do feel like 2021 had more top end talent than 22. I should have moved down if I could’ve instead of up. You were smart in moving down. 

Aidan was worth it with your roster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

It will be interesting how they use Simmons this year based on what I’ve been reading. He and Parsons together gives a lot of speed at that level.

Simmons was one of those safety/LB tweeners. I have no idea how those guys don’t become exceptional players but that might be a Madden/RL adjustment we just don’t understand.

If you solely judged Simmons off athleticism, that’s the type of guy that as an athlete you would say should be the poster child for what you look for at the position.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

Simmons was one of those safety/LB tweeners. I have no idea how those guys don’t become exceptional players but that might be a Madden/RL adjustment we just don’t understand.

If you solely judged Simmons off athleticism, that’s the type of guy that as an athlete you would say should be the poster child for what you look for at the position.

This isn’t some sell but just a real feeling which I think pertains to plenty of BDL players league wide. I think with my defensive talent around him his play would be elevated in this league. I’m hoping for a good season for him in Arizona. 

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

This isn’t some sell but just a real feeling which I think pertains to plenty of BDL players league wide. I think with my defensive talent around him his play would be elevated in this league. I’m hoping for a good season for him in Arizona. 

Yeah to be fully transparent

The scouting report on a guy like Simmons is defensive ace/QB spy/Tracker/zone cover ace/man cover ace

But from opponent standpoint, you look at PFF grade and as of August 2022, hard to not salivate if he’s primary guy on your TE/RB or even the QB tracker for a Lamar Jackson type of runner at the position. 

7 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Yeah to be fully transparent

The scouting report on a guy like Simmons is defensive ace/QB spy/Tracker/zone cover ace/man cover ace

But from opponent standpoint, you look at PFF grade and as of August 2022, hard to not salivate if he’s primary guy on your TE/RB or even the QB tracker for a Lamar Jackson type of runner at the position. 

Yeah he definitely has room to step up. PFF also is a whole other discussion. Excited for what he allows me to do with my defense.

17 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Yeah he definitely has room to step up. PFF also is a whole other discussion. Excited for what he allows me to do with my defense.

PFF is just another source to me but if you have 34.2 grade PFF player best believe you’re gonna have to answer questions on whether he can actually be functional at his role.