BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

6 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

I guess Araiza got waived after the allegations this week. Good I guess.

From what little facts I could gather, he sounds guilty. I’m no court of law. Just weighing the details 

Would've been good for the bills to dig a little deeper.

9 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

I guess Araiza got waived after the allegations this week. Good I guess.

From what little facts I could gather, he sounds guilty. I’m no court of law. Just weighing the details 

Such a weird and ugly situation. If they knew about the charges (and it sounds like they did), why draft him?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Such a weird and ugly situation. If they knew about the charges (and it sounds like they did), why draft him?

Not only that, but they put him in a competition and cut the other guy. 

So what is it? You did your homework and felt good about it (as of a couple days ago) and let him win the job. 

Or you had no clue the extent and had to cut him.

Can't be both.

• Like 3

Totally unrelated but I just saw Notre Dame at 5 in both the AP and Coaches' polls to start the season and that feels like a massive overrating for a team with one known playmaker on either side of the ball and a first-year head coach. If the voters swapped us with USC down at 14/15, I'd have no issue with that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Totally unrelated but I just saw Notre Dame at 5 in both the AP and Coaches' polls to start the season and that feels like a massive overrating for a team with one known playmaker on either side of the ball and a first-year head coach. If the voters swapped us with USC down at 14/15, I'd have no issue with that.

Speaking of the coach.. seems like they love the guy. But it'll be interesting.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Not only that, but they put him in a competition and cut the other guy. 

So what is it? You did your homework and felt good about it (as of a couple days ago) and let him win the job. 

Or you had no clue the extent and had to cut him.

Can't be both.

I’m guessing didn’t know the extent. And let Twitter rage press them into doing the right thing.
Sometimes I think even I don’t understand the extent to which these pro athletes get a free pass. And I’m already disturbed…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

I’m guessing didn’t know the extent. And let Twitter rage press them into doing the right thing.
Sometimes I think even I don’t understand the extent to which these pro athletes get a free pass. And I’m already disturbed…

That's the thing, if you didn't know, just say it. A couple days ago they were "nah all good over here we checked". Now its a 180.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Blue said:

The reality is, IMO, the moment they found out about this he shouldve been cut. The fact they didnt do that, imo, is a bad look.

I get it, innocent until proven guilty, but forgive me, when someone claims a person committed this type of crime, i generally side with the victim until proven otherwise. Even in the Ben Roethlisberger situation, which was different circumstances but no less shameful.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

With that leg, this now explains why he didn’t end up being the first kicker taken.

I was expecting someone to pick him in round 3 being a weapon like that and when he kept sliding I just attributed it to him being a punter. But it all makes sense now.