BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

No I did not

You still misread because you never said he was ineligible. I clearly said he was.

However SOMEONE fed me false rules weeks ago. I am going to find the post and show you. I don't see it in the official rules.

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I mean based on what some people posted last week, I'm sure at least 4-5 will give Blue an auto loss if he starts a guys that didn't play on D (and knew it).  I'm not one of those guys bc I thought it was wrong to do it to me and ignore the fact that my backup was a star lol.  

Oh and if he gets creative others are gonna give him an auto L like the ones that did it to me when I got creative bc I only had 1 safety (Blue was one of those)

You can kinda see why I was against those crap reasonings last week and strongly urge people to vote on the totality of things and the gameplans (in part bc of the circle of life lol and in part bc limiting who can be cut or traded means you can't treat it exactly like football.  IRL a team can cut anyone and sign anyone)

I'm not gonna touch the other stuff anymore but the JPP thing was an issue because you didn't have any depth up front as a result, along with Watt and Sanders also being out.

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

You still misread because you never said he was ineligible. I clearly said he was.

However SOMEONE fed me false rules weeks ago. I am going to find the post and show you. I don't see it in the official rules.

As long as they are on the active roster on GameDay, you can play them as much or as little as you want.

On 9/10/2022 at 7:30 AM, SirA1 said:

As long as a player starts and or at least plays in a game they are considered good for BDL lineups. You can also list any players you want but if they are a GTD or Questionable and don't play they aren't counted.

If someone is inactive that day then they are inactive for our purposes as well.

As an example. Brian Allen played on Thursday so I can use him this weekend. But he will be out 2-4 weeks so during that time I cannot use him. 

This is what SirA1 said to me. So it was to my understanding that if a guy plays no snaps but is active then he is ineligible. Was he wrong? because I was just told it is not true.

4 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I figure MWiI does the nuances with the formations and counter schemes.

I do less on offense than I do on defense. I did one offensive gameplan the last week of the 2020 season. Someone want to dig up that gem @Blue? Lots of madden plays because we had 1/3 of an intact roster and I thought it was hilarious.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

This is what SirA1 said to me. So it was to my understanding that if a guy plays no snaps but is active then he is ineligible. Was he wrong? because I was just told it is not true.

If a guy is on a team and healthy regardless if he plays snaps he can play. People might not consider it a good look but it’s not against any rules.

On 9/10/2022 at 7:30 AM, SirA1 said:

As long as a player starts and or at least plays in a game they are considered good for BDL lineups. You can also list any players you want but if they are a GTD or Questionable and don't play they aren't counted.

If someone is inactive that day then they are inactive for our purposes as well.

As an example. Brian Allen played on Thursday so I can use him this weekend. But he will be out 2-4 weeks so during that time I cannot use him. 

@LAOJoe I think this was only supposed to be in the context of injuries

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

If a guy is on a team and healthy regardless if he plays snaps he can play. People might not consider it a good look but it’s not against any rules.

So then what he said here "As long as a player starts and or at least plays in a game they are considered good for BDL lineups." is wrong because he doesn't even need to play.

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm not gonna touch the other stuff anymore but the JPP thing was an issue because you didn't have any depth up front as a result, along with Watt and Sanders also being out.

You know, not one person I believe  proposed that reasoning, that type of explanation comes across much better and more constructive and is more digestible

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

So then what he said here "As long as a player starts and or at least plays in a game they are considered good for BDL lineups." is wrong because he doesn't even need to play.

He clarified below that with injuries. I think it was miscommunication on context.

• Like 2

Just now, Scoundrel said:

This

That makes it seem like there is a difference between a guy that is listed a questionable and sees no snaps despite being active, and a guy that never sees the field period for being depth.

I don't feel good having to make a distinction between the two.

Like Kittle and a 4th string TE let's say. If Kittle is active but doesn't play but the 4th string TE also doesn't play just bc he doesn't, then this explanation makes it seem like I can't play Kittle in BDL but I CAN play the 4th stringer.