BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

On 10/12/2021 at 7:12 PM, Blue said:

If it makes you feel better, I missed Winfield being out this week too.

Berlin has a slot corner and an IRL backup at safety with DeAndre Baker as CB3. Yikes. I do love that New Orleans brought up the revenge game angle, especially since Josh Allen just went out and lived up to it in the IRL version of it against Kansas City this week. Jazz it up.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:19 PM, Blue said:

Love Berlin's aggressiveness this week and their secondary is pretty great (apart from Juan Thornhill, obviously). It helps that Eric Stokes helped shut down two of Hungary's receivers this week IRL.

But it's different when blue does it.

I spent more time than I should have looking for those quotes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

That makes it seem like there is a difference between a guy that is listed a questionable and sees no snaps despite being active, and a guy that never sees the field period for being depth.

I don't feel good having to make a distinction between the two.

Like Kittle and a 4th string TE let's say. If Kittle is active but doesn't play but the 4th string TE also doesn't play just bc he doesn't, then this explanation makes it seem like I can't play Kittle in BDL but I CAN play the 4th stringer.

Listen. If a guy is healthy and on a roster he can play. Hell you can play JPP technically who is a FA but it’s up for voters to decide how they weight that. You decide the weight of how much it affects your vote if they are a backup or not or whatever. There’s not a fine line. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Listen. If a guy is healthy and on a roster he can play. Hell you can play JPP technically who is a FA but it’s up for voters to decide how they weight that. You decide the weight of how much it affects your vote if they are a backup or not or whatever. There’s not fine line. 

That vague eh? Well then I wouldn't hurt blue for his player not playing D snaps. I'd consider him for how good I think he is. (although I don't give a **** about 3 years back if he was healthy the whole time).

Just now, LAOJoe said:

That vague eh? Well then I wouldn't hurt blue for his player not playing D snaps. I'd consider him for how good I think he is. (although I don't give a **** about 3 years back if he was healthy the whole time).

And that’s the beauty of the league that’s your prerogative. But be consistent cus people will call you to the carpet for it like Rags just did above.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Like Kittle and a 4th string TE let's say. If Kittle is active but doesn't play but the 4th string TE also doesn't play just bc he doesn't, then this explanation makes it seem like I can't play Kittle in BDL but I CAN play the 4th stringer.

No. They can both play in that scenario.

If Kittle is inactive and the 4th stringer is active but doesn't play, then the 4th stringer can play but Kittle can't here.

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

There's a difference between "three years ago" and "for the past three years"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

But it's different when blue does it.

I spent more time than I should have looking for those quotes.

Are you saying All-Pro JC Jackson and Asante Samuel Jr. are on the same level as Daniel Sorensen in terms of talent and/or football playing ability?

Edited by Blue
Asante Sr. might very well be on the same level of Daniel Sorensen at this point, though I would still rather have Samuel Sr.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

No. They can both play in that scenario.

If Kittle is inactive and the 4th stringer is active but doesn't play, then the 4th stringer can play but Kittle can't here.

There's a difference between "three years ago" and "for the past three years"

I guess. I mean only guys I would look from like 2 years ago or so is if they were out last year from injury.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Are you saying All-Pro JC Jackson and Asante Samuel Jr. are on the same level as Daniel Sorensen in terms of talent and/or football playing ability?

I'm not.  Its also not relevant.

If you want to point out that a guy is a RL backup and ding a team for it, thats fine.  Just don't get annoyed if the same happens to you.

• Like 1