BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Noon Central on Sunday.

Do you have discord?  

Yes I do.  I think it was already sent to me, just need to sign up for it.

I still don't have my new work computer fully set up, so it's hard to be online much.  I should be more available in a couple of weeks or so.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yes I do.  I think it was already sent to me, just need to sign up for it.

I still don't have my new work computer fully set up, so it's hard to be online much.  I should be more available in a couple of weeks or so.

Voting on this week's match ups closes at midnight EST.  That's also the deadline to put in waiver claims, which get PMed to bcb.  You might want to claim Brissett or another QB.

8 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

I ain't that old lol.  But I did grow up playing every sport imaginable and enjoy watching all sports about the same as playing (cause i can't play some of them anymore)

By generational I meant something usually inter generational that you were brought up loving, likely with a dad. Field of Dreams is about as nostalgic as it gets in the end regard.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Baseball imo is on another level though.  Stand in facing a 100 mph pitch, then one that bends like a Frisbee, then one at you

I mean at the professional level for sure,   but is that any different than trying to stay in front of Allen Iverson on a crossover,  or trying to block Micah Parson's.    There are other elements in play with other sports.  

Golf,  it is literally nothing but a standstill ball and yourself.   Not talking difficulty,  but just the straight mental aspect, I don't think there is another sport that tries you more than golf.

I, personally, don't expect to be able to do any of the above,  besides hitting a standstill ball at a target is basically what I'm saying.

Edited by RedGold

31 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I mean at the professional level for sure,   but is that any different than trying to stay in front of Allen Iverson on a crossover,  or trying to block Micah Parson's.    There are other elements in play with other sports.  

Golf,  it is literally nothing but a standstill ball and yourself.   Not talking difficulty,  but just the straight mental aspect, I don't think there is another sport that tries you more than golf.

I, personally, don't expect to be able to do any of the above,  besides hitting a standstill ball at a target is basically what I'm saying.

What makes baseball so unique is that failure is the norm and those who succeed 3/10 times are some of the best ever. If you bogey or worse 7 of 10 holes, you miss the cut and aren't on the tour. You're just a dude like me who shoots somewhere between 84-95.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What makes baseball so unique is that failure is the norm and those who succeed 3/10 times are some of the best ever. If you bogey or worse 7 of 10 holes, you miss the cut and aren't on the tour. You're just a dude like me who shoots somewhere between 84-95.

I don't disagree with any of that.    What I'm saying is the only element in golf that is stopping you from succeeding is yourself.    Every other sport,  you can have a tip your cap moment that the opponent is just better.    Which is why it's so trying mentally,  there is nothing preventing you hitting a badass shot, aside from yourself.   When you fail, it's never because someone else did something spectacular.   

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I don't disagree with any of that.    What I'm saying is the only element in golf that is stopping you from succeeding is yourself.    Every other sport,  you can have a tip your cap moment that the opponent is just better.    Which is why it's so trying mentally,  there is nothing preventing you hitting a badass shot, aside from yourself.   When you fail, it's never because someone else did something spectacular.   

I subscribe to the greatest golf quote of all time:

"It's a game that can't be won; only played."

~The Legend of Bagger Vance

• Like 1