BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

13 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I’ve always been big on enforcing it but I think people think it’s hard enough to get guys to stick around so penalizing people they are worried will cause us to lose owners if I remember the conversation correctly. 

On the flip side this is the 1st week I have not been struggling to get through them where I had tons of downtime

34 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What the Bears are doing to Justin Fields is nothing short of egregious, and I don't care if it has to do with pass attempts or not with the slanted percentages. 

In reality it looks like he's got 1 capable NFL caliber lineman. Heading very quickly towards David Carr territory.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What the Bears are doing to Justin Fields is nothing short of egregious, and I don't care if it has to do with pass attempts or not with the slanted percentages. 

This is one of those rare situations where I dont see how an owner doesn't get involved. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Fields lacks command of the offense and holds onto the ball far too long on a ton of occasions.  He does only have 12 starts so that comes in time, but it's not all the o line either.  He misses open reads

10 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Fields lacks command of the offense and holds onto the ball far too long on a ton of occasions.  He does only have 12 starts so that comes in time, but it's not all the o line either.  He misses open reads

He shoulders some blame for sure. So does the FO for not giving him more than 1 capable OL and really any weapons to speak of on offense, and we will see how the scheme ages.

I've always been of the opinion that you give about 95% of rookies a super condensed playbook and start them off with things that play to their strengths. For Fields that should mean rollouts, bootlegs, and flood leveling concepts that help him with 1/2 field reads and only having to read an overhang defender and where a corner is playing presnap. From there once you get him comfortable and in the flow of the game/season, you expand the playbook and gradually ask more of him.

It doesn't appear to be that this is what they're doing.

20 minutes ago, Jlash said:

In reality it looks like he's got 1 capable NFL caliber lineman. Heading very quickly towards David Carr territory.

1 capable lineman with what...1 proven to be more than mediocre skill player in Kmet?

The Bears might be the worst team in the NFL as the season goes.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He shoulders some blame for sure. So does the FO for not giving him more than 1 capable OL and really any weapons to speak of on offense, and we will see how the scheme ages.

I've always been of the opinion that you give about 95% of rookies a super condensed playbook and start them off with things that play to their strengths. For Fields that should mean rollouts, bootlegs, and flood leveling concepts that help him with 1/2 field reads and only having to read an overhang defender and where a corner is playing presnap. From there once you get him comfortable and in the flow of the game/season, you expand the playbook and gradually ask more of him.

It doesn't appear to be that this is what they're doing.

Agreed.  I think part of the issue, and this goes for most OSU QB is that their o lines are generally so dominant for the majority of the season that they get used to having all day to throw

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

1 capable lineman with what...1 proven to be more than mediocre skill player in Kmet?

The Bears might be the worst team in the NFL as the season goes.

I think Mooney is good player and so are their RBs but if the line is that bad no one is gonna perform well.

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I think Mooney is good player and so are their RBs but if the line is that bad no one is gonna perform well.

I think it's a combination of the offensive line and the quarterback.

I think mooney has definitely shown in the past that hes a very good wide receiver capable of being a true number one. I think David Montgomery is a talented player I think Herbert is obviously a talent to player. I do think that fields could be a better quarterback but record it back but that line is E is easily the worst one in the league.

I also I'm not real sure that the current offensive coordinator is greatly conducive to a successful quarterback