BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

I am hoping it was obvious that was a joke attempt at hyping. 

Josh mcdaniels should have been fired before the handshake at midfield after the game.

How in the hell you don't adjust your coverage when the same guy caught all 4 touchdowns is beyond me. The only thing you needed to do in this game was stop Travis Kelce.  That's it,  None of the other players could manage to catch the ball in the end zone or even run the ball over the goal line. The raiders had one job, They decided to go for 2 which was moronic, Then they decided to throw it on 4th and the 2nd one after you're running back is killing the defensive line on the other side. Run the goddamn ball and then spike it on 1st down what are you doing?

How Josh mcdaniels outlived Matt Rhule is honestly beyond me.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Josh mcdaniels should have been fired before the handshake at midfield after the game.

How in the hell you don't adjust your coverage when the same guy caught all 4 touchdowns is beyond me. The only thing you needed to do in this game was stop Travis Kelce.  That's it,  None of the other players could manage to catch the ball in the end zone or even run the ball over the goal line. The raiders had one job, They decided to go for 2 which was moronic, Then they decided to throw it on 4th and the 2nd one after you're running back is killing the defensive line on the other side. Run the goddamn ball and then spike it on 1st down what are you doing?

Well he’s only 5 games in.

And all the Raiders losses are by one score. The positive variance will kick in soon enough.

Raiders have been in every game. Can't even remotely say the same thing for Carolina 

I mean it’s difficult.   because you say it as simple as stop Travis Kelce,  but to do that you need to show how you are covering Kelce.    And showing Andy Reid your coverage, doesn’t work out as well.

I get what you are saying,  but I laugh a little bit when I hear people say well just double Kelce…. Like showing your coverage to Andy isn’t even worse.  It is very difficult to double Kelce without showing their coverage with how often we use Kelce in motion, or even just show motion 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I mean it’s difficult.   because you say it as simple as stop Travis Kelce,  but to do that you need to show how you are covering Kelce.    And showing Andy Reid your coverage, doesn’t work out as well.

I get what you are saying,  but I laugh a little bit when I hear people say well just double Kelce…. Like showing your coverage to Andy isn’t even worse.  It is very difficult to double Kelce without showing their coverage with how often we use Kelce in motion, or even just show motion 

Here's my issue and I agree with you but here's my issue. The raiders were in the lead in the 1st half what they did in the 1st half worked. But to your point they showed all of that to Andy Reid so in the 2nd half why wouldn't you change up what you're doing defensively defensively to throw a monkey wrench so to speak in the adjustments you had didn't know Kansas City was going to make. Now sure you didn't know the specific adjustments it's but you really are telling me you didn't know they were going to make any at all?  If that's true Josh mcdaniels really does need to be fired

As far as how to cover Kelce,  I think you've got to do it with some bracket coverages, Furthermore I think you've got to have a guy at every level, Someone who is capable of covering him closer to the line, Someone who is capable of Manning up with him across the middle of the field, And a safety who can play him at least respectably deep. And those 3 guys need to work together to limit whatever hes doing. Because I don't think hes the type of player you shut down, But he is the type of player you can limit

18 minutes ago, MD4L said:

And all the Raiders losses are by one score. The positive variance will kick in soon enough.

18 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Raiders have been in every game. Can't even remotely say the same thing for Carolina 

Positive variance only happens if you're not the reason you're losing the games.

20 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I see nothing positive coming for the Raiders.  Josh mcdaniels really really screwed up in this game. The raiders failed at situational football and he is directly responsible for that

I mean I don’t think McDaniels is a good coach.  But I don’t blame him for Kelce scoring 4 TD’s.      Tbh most of the Chiefs 1st half struggles were because Wylie and Brown were trash, mainly Brown because he hilariously thinks he’s a top 2 LT. 

Like Travis Kelce had 7 catches for 25 yards…… the D key’d on him all game.  That is just pure brilliance by the player and coach to get him open when they need.  

Edit:   I apologize if I trash your player and he’s a Chief.   I don’t support **** play.   Co-sign my weekly trashing of Hardman 

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 1