BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Fun story: A few years back, before Covid, one of my coworkers was doing summer school for some extra cash. She said there was this teacher there who was constantly yelling at the kids, but nothing too crazy. Well apparently one day a student said she was gonna get her mom down there to fight the teacher. The teacher went off on her, cussing her out, saying she'll beat up the girl and her "*****-*** momma," a whole thing. She got put in teacher jail and can't do summer school anymore but is still working for the county as of last school year. My VP runs summer school for my county and verified the story as true although he couldn't give me all of the details.

So what that story told me is, that at least one time in your career, you can go off and threaten and cuss out a student, and you'll go to teacher jail but otherwise be fine. So I always say I'm saving my blow-up for some especially bad kid.

But did they fight? 🍿

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Fun story: A few years back, before Covid, one of my coworkers was doing summer school for some extra cash. She said there was this teacher there who was constantly yelling at the kids, but nothing too crazy. Well apparently one day a student said she was gonna get her mom down there to fight the teacher. The teacher went off on her, cussing her out, saying she'll beat up the girl and her "*****-*** momma," a whole thing. She got put in teacher jail and can't do summer school anymore but is still working for the county as of last school year. My VP runs summer school for my county and verified the story as true although he couldn't give me all of the details.

So what that story told me is, that at least one time in your career, you can go off and threaten and cuss out a student, and you'll go to teacher jail but otherwise be fine. So I always say I'm saving my blow-up for some especially bad kid.

TL;DR

Rackcs has a union job. That's glorious.

You gotta be careful if you only get one blowup, because 35 years is a long time if you make it an entire career.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You think legal interns are people?  With rights?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bless your heart

Just delete the security feed and there is literally nothing they can do that isn't career suicide.

5 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

But did they fight? 🍿

To my knowledge, they did not

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TL;DR

Rackcs has a union job. That's glorious.

You gotta be careful if you only get one blowup, because 35 years is a long time if you make it an entire career.

Well, you get at least one. You could technically get more but I can't be sure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Maybe not before the last few years lol. But there are so many things going against them not limited to the fact you are a lawyer lol.

I can guarantee you that if a partner, or even high enough associate, pushed an intern on camera, they'd be able to flip off the camera as they teabagged the intern and the intern would do nothing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Well, you get at least one. You could technically get more but I can't be sure.

I'm way too gutless to ever find out. I have a hard enough time having an "off switch", which I'm working on.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I can guarantee you that if a partner, or even high enough associate, pushed an intern on camera, they'd be able to flip off the camera as they teabagged the intern and the intern would do nothing.

Rumor has it, the partners have evaluated film on Rags as a former bar bouncer and intend to make him a high associate/partner soon.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Exactly, I said delete it lol.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm way too gutless to ever find out. I have a hard enough time having an "off switch", which I'm working on.

Rumor has it, the partners have evaluated film on Rags as a former bar bouncer and intend to make him a high associate/partner soon.

Obviously I would never actually do that to a kid but it's nice to know that if I'm ever just having that bad a day and I do lose it, I'd probably be ok ultimately. I'm pretty even-keeled though, I doubt I'd ever get to that point.

• Like 2