BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I mean you are posting so obviously something is being complained about 😎

OK that's fair but I'm not really complaining to be honest I'm bringing things up that many people want to say. I'm not trying to stir the pot genuinely. But I think these are things that we can collectively improve upon

Just now, LAOJoe said:

I've already advocated for SOV and SOS but I don't think being effective immediately is necessarily fair.

Some rules should be discussed in the off-season even if they are beneficial. This isn’t one of them. 

This is Tua concussion level of our league. It’s a clear change that benefits everyone in short and long term.

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

I've already advocated for SOV and SOS but I don't think being effective immediately is necessarily fair.

I agree with that 100%.  You cannot do that mid season. But I am very adamant about also including strength of victory because it does matter in my opinion. But we cannot do that effective immediately it needs to be something that is done in the off season and added into the next season we cannot do that right now

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Some rules should be discussed in the off-season even if they are beneficial. This isn’t one of them. 

This is Tua concussion level of our league. It’s a clear change that benefits everyone in short and long term.

It depends on how you look at it, I think SOS and SOV go hand-in-hand with making this work.  Because I can tell you right now that that if it was based on SOS in SOV right now,  A large change would occur immediately in the standings. I'm not sure the right thing to do is change it immediately

Just now, wwhickok said:

It depends on how you look at it, I think SOS and SOV go hand-in-hand with making this work.  Because I can tell you right now that that if it was based on SOS in SOV right now,  A large change would occur immediately in the standings. I'm not sure the right thing to do is change it immediately

I’d recommend that for the battle for 8th seed, particularly if that’s the difference between a team making the playoffs bc they got a freebie vs a team that has to play 12 active writeups.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Is it tho?

It’s one of those things worth discussing in the off-season. Most of the teams have no cap space so it hasn’t gone anywhere near compromising the integrity of the league.

Playoffs being decided by +/- and a game against no one totally different story.