BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Ok, which one are you way lower on?

LB.

The justification is that I was struggling to find teams with two borderline-competent players at the position for half the league at this point in the season. After the top 6 teams I think it's an extremely shallow position for everybody where you're lucky to have two guys you trust. Scratch that, not even trust, just two guys you aren't mildly embarrassed to have on the field.

Edited by Blue

1 minute ago, Blue said:

LB.

The justification is that I was struggling to find teams with two borderline-competent players at the position for half the league at this point in the season. After the top 6 teams I think it's an extremely shallow position for everybody where you're lucky to have two guys you trust.

So, Tremaine has been great for the Bills this year and is finally playing up to his physical skill level, Jordyn Brooks has been very good after a legitimately rough start on the year(the entire Seahawks front 7 struggled early on with their scheme change), and Kyzir has been very good for the Eagles this year as well.

I'm sure we can nitpick how good each has been, but I think as a group, they fit into my 'Very Good' bucket.

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

So, Tremaine has been great for the Bills this year and is finally playing up to his physical skill level, Jordyn Brooks has been very good after a legitimately rough start on the year(the entire Seahawks front 7 struggled early on with their scheme change), and Kyzir has been very good for the Eagles this year as well.

I'm sure we can nitpick how good each has been, but I think as a group, they fit into my 'Very Good' bucket.

I did struggle a lot with the middle-class of the linebackers. Same with offensive line, I think there's a lot of room for debate after what I think is clearly a top 5 or so in both groups.

And again, it is very much a snapshot of where I personally think teams are at this week.

Edited by Blue

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

I did struggle a lot with the middle-class of the linebackers. Same with offensive line, I think there's a lot of room for debate after what I think is clearly a top 5 or so in both groups.

And again, it is very much a snapshot of where I personally think teams are at this week.

Fair.  

Am I top 5 OL?

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

I put you at 6.

I see.  Yeah, little lower than me.  Linsley and Wirfs need no discussion.  Kolton admittedly has had a couple wtf moments in pass pro this year, but I blame that on McDaniels' scheme sucking.  Hes still very good.  Nate Davis is a stud when he is playing.  Burford/Ingram are promising rookies but a rookies.

Again, Im sure we differ somewhat on individuals which would move one group above or below another.

The biggest reason I asked is to make sure I wasn't totally off base on the areas I am gonna scout the most the offseason.

6 hours ago, Blue said:

LB.

I'd be interested to see your HONEST positional rankings top to bottom for  every position. 

And by honest I mean I'd like to see them with you ranking your own team where you believe they should be also. So in other words, no fake modesty.  Although I'm not sure you're capable of such a thing lol

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Blue said:

Since it's been a topic in my game threads recently, I went ahead and ranked every positional group for every team in BDL and came up with a list of what I think the best units/teams in BDL are *as of right now*. I'll post it tomorrow afternoon after voting has closed and I get home from class.

If it's been a topic means you keep bringing it up, then yes it has been a topic in your game threads. That being said, I do like positional rankings so go for it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'd be interested to see your HONEST positional rankings top to bottom for  every position. 

And by honest I mean I'd like to see them with you ranking your own team where you believe they should be also. So in other words, no fake modesty.  Although I'm not sure you're capable of such a thing lol

I mean I think where I rank them is where they should be, lol. I definitely think there's room for debate on the exact placing.

For the most part, I have myself ranked average or better in all but a couple obvious areas, but I think a very big part of that is simply getting lucky with injuries. Offensive line and safety are where I've been hit hardest so far and I have backups at those positions I feel very happy with and I think would start for several other BDL teams right now.

You look at a team like Lancaster for instance. They should be a top team at Edge, but I think they're bottom 2 right now because Bosa and Watt are both out.

6 hours ago, rackcs said:

If it's been a topic means you keep bringing it up, then yes it has been a topic in your game threads. That being said, I do like positional rankings so go for it.

I'll list my team's rankings:

QB - 1
RB - 4
WR - 13
TE/FB - 8
OL - 7

Edge - 8
DT - 3
LB - 2
CB - 13
S - 4

Happy to explain my reasoning on any and all of them. Definitely understand if people rate a few positions a bit lower.

Edited by Blue
looking at the wrong number for OL

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'll list my team's rankings:

QB - 1

*Checks cap investment towards both our teams QB position*

I love Mahomes but I dunno about that one.

Anyway, do the formal honors and release it.

Edited by MD4L

11 minutes ago, MD4L said:

*Checks cap investment towards both our teams QB position*

I love Mahomes but I dunno about that one.

Anyway, do the formal honors and release it.

As I said previously, it's based on where teams are right now. Deshaun Watson isn't playing and therefore doesn't count.

(I didn't really take into account depth at QB for this anyways since almost no one carries two QBs on game day)

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

Deshaun Watson isn't playing and therefore doesn't count.

29 minutes ago, Blue said:

You look at a team like Lancaster for instance. They should be a top team at Edge, but I think they're bottom 2 right now because Bosa and Watt are both out.

These answered my question about the process as well.

• Like 1