BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

This will be fun 

PFF highly disagrees nfl network highly disagrees.  ESPN highly disagrees    Pretty sure you're the minority 

43 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

33 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't give a **** what PFF says, and ESPN frankly isn't far behind in my disdain.

I watch the Falcons. He's an acceptable starter. He's not nearly as good as his reputation. One of many players (looking at you, Andrus Peat) who is more name than game.

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

Also Batman is untouchable as superhero.    Sad day,  count me in for a Batman marathon this weekend. 

One of my favorite random teaching memories is the kid who tried to argue with me that Batman wasn't a Super Hero while wearing an Iron Man T Shirt.

He was obviously eviscerated publicly. It's my duty.

• Like 3

It really does amaze me that you guys can SEE how bad Atlanta's offensive line is on a weekly basis but refuse to admit any single player on the line is playing badly.

Like Americans talking about Congress, everybody is dissatisfied with it as a whole but their own guy(s) are really popular.

Edited by Blue

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

It really does amaze me that you guys can SEE how bad Atlanta's offensive line is on a weekly basis but refuse to admit any single player on the line is playing badly.

Like Americans talking about Congress, everybody is dissatisfied with it as a whole but their own guy(s) are really popular.

I’m not sure I’d call any of them elite.  But there are 2 or maybe 3 that are playing well enough,  if you place them around better talent I’m not sure you’d notice them.  

• Like 2

Genuine question though:

Zack Martin

Quenton Nelson

Wyatt Teller

Joe Thuney

Joel Bitonio

Kevin Zeitler

Trey Smith

Who out of that group are you taking Chris Lindstrom over, bcb? Ignoring that there are other guards I think people would make cases for as being top-7.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Genuine question though:

Trey Smith

Who out of that group are you taking Chris Lindstrom over, bcb? Ignoring that there are other guards I think people would make cases for as being top-7.

Might be a tad early for Smith.  He’s been pretty rough this year.   Loads of potential tho 

Just now, Blue said:

Smith was one of the best guards in the league last year, I'm still on board with him as a top guard.

He was good.  I think he got slightly overrated because he was a guy that slipped in the draft and produced well from the start.   Beast in the run game,  he has a ton of work to do in pass pro if I’m going to put him in the top 3 or 4.   He has the talent, for sure,  though.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Genuine question though:

Zack Martin

Quenton Nelson

Wyatt Teller

Joe Thuney

Joel Bitonio

Kevin Zeitler

Trey Smith

Nate Davis is up there.

#yesitshomering #buthesstillreallygood

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

I just want to say that I resisted the urge to monologue rant about Congress here. @rackcs looks like you're up. If you need some motivation, just remember, William Jennings Bryan was a failure and populism isn't actually real.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

Again, they've been really good as a run-blocking unit. But as one of three teams with an Atlanta OL on my team, I will say that clearly the issue is the LG, who nobody in BDL has on their roster.

Edited by rackcs