BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 hours ago, RedGold said:

Do mods have the ability to reopen a pole.  I tried editing the time,  but it didn't reopen the voting.  

It looks like 2 matchups were closed.

Rome / Ivory Coast
Cuba / Lancaster

The rest you should still be able to vote in the original thread.

Yeah its just the 2 matchups.

Edited by wwhickok

21 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

This is a prime example of why I'm not in favor of it. You are one of several people currently online that U surely wait until the last minute to vote which is if you're right, But You are online right now before the original deadline of midnight tonight which means there's no reason you can't vote by midnight tonight which means therefore there really isn't any reason to move the deadline back

Your prime example is that...because I haven't voted yet, we shouldn't just slide everything back if the threads got messed up to make sure deadlines line up and everyone can get their stuff in on time.

If its an easy fix, then maybe we don't need to move anything.  Depends on how many had already voted in the two closed threads.

32 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I think moving all deadlines to tommorow at 4 PM should suffice    I can say personally my waiver preference will be determined by whom I'm playing so yes that matters to me so we can't have open polls and waivers already transpire for reasons such as that 

But with votes coming in so late normally you wouldn't necessarily know your matchup in time to put a last minute waiver.

I will accept conditional waivers. Play X I want x, play Y I want player y. That will solve your problem while not giving a bigger window to not forget to claim.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I think that's the easiest solution.

i co- sign this.    I don't mind going through and adding up the votes and double checking no one voted twice.

It's my f up.   I'll add it all up @11:01 and put the result at the top of the opening post.   I think everyone here trusts my integrity 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RedGold said:

i co- sign this.    I don't mind going through and adding up the votes and double checking no one voted twice.

It's my f up.   I'll add it all up @11:01 and put the result at the top of the opening post.   I think everyone here trusts my integrity 

Absolutely.

Edited by wwhickok