BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

19 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Your prime example is that...because I haven't voted yet, we shouldn't just slide everything back if the threads got messed up to make sure deadlines line up and everyone can get their stuff in on time.

If its an easy fix, then maybe we don't need to move anything.  Depends on how many had already voted in the two closed threads.

No. My prime example is that typically you don't vote until the last couple of hours anyway.  You are among several that have currently not voted on those games yet that wait until late Wednesday night to vote every week

24 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

But with votes coming in so late normally you wouldn't necessarily know your matchup in time to put a last minute waiver.

I will accept conditional waivers. Play X I want x, play Y I want player y. That will solve your problem while not giving a bigger window to not forget to claim.

You won't even be able to do the waivers til after four, so what's the point of not just moving it back with it?  It's the same deadline for everyone 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

You won't even be able to do the waivers til after four, so what's the point of not just moving it back with it?  It's the same deadline for everyone 

Because someone doesn't want them moved back so that they don't get sniped by people that are late. I feel I have to respect that.

17 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I mean 1st of all I don't know that it has been decided definitively unless it was an executive decision that we were moving the poll time back to 4 PM anyway.

Redgold, MD, Rags, Scoundrel, bcb, LAOJoe, myself, NY92mike, Blue, & Mwil, Have all been online since this discussion begin and should be aware of the reality that they can still vote by midnight by posting it in the threads.

So that is half of the people that haven't voted yet. The others are typically late voters every week. Again an extension is not necessary

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedGold said:

wtf,    my bad.    I thought I had double checked the times.  

I'll add the votes up manually,  and add to the Main Post of the header at the deadline.   

I'm guessing they can't be edited to change the date and times?  Figure you already checked that but figured I'd ask anyways.