BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

How you feeling about this statement now

Their average field position is on Tampa’s 32 yard line. There’s a blocked punt a sack (by DJ Reader), and an INT.

Imagine Brady not having a historically poor running game, or Tristian Wirfs playing.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I do want to talk. I have been quiet for a while. I’m not quitting. Let the loss simmer.

When you put forth max effort and get smoked by the same score that you would if didn’t submit a writeup, it is tough.

Been there. Sometimes you call your opponent's gameplan perfectly and the voters just don't think you have the horses to pull it off.

Just now, MD4L said:

Their average field position is on Tampa’s 32 yard line. There’s a blocked punt a sack (by DJ Reader), and an INT.

Imagine Brady not having a historically poor running game, or Tristian Wirfs playing.

So you think Joe Burrow IRL has the same supporting cast as BDL but Tom Brady doesn't? That seems to be what you are saying given your earlier snark.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

So you think Joe Burrow IRL has the same supporting cast as BDL but Tom Brady doesn't? That seems to be what you are saying given your earlier snark.

Nah. I think Brady’s real life team had a significant impact on the voting. Winning and losing is one thing. Getting outvoted 25-1 by the same team is another, and my point.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Nah. I think Brady’s real life team had a significant impact on the voting. Winning and losing is one thing. Getting outvoted 25-1 by the same team is another, and my point.

It's a flaw with the voting. I think that would have been a close game, but you're right, a team that doesn't submit anything at all and one that looks competitive end up looking the same in the W-L column.

I'd love to have all voting done by posts with each person giving a projected score for the game and then determine the winner based on the average score, but that's a lot more work and I don't think most people would be up for it.

• Like 1