BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I mean he has such a great all around game you would have to go to something over two years old that was never found factual off the field to find a blemish. 

let it go GIF

Oh I think he's awesome. Just taking cheap shots, you know?

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Defense next season

TJ Watt - Kenny Clark - Javon Kinlaw/??? - Joey Bosa

Fred Warner - Bobby Wagner

Jalen Ramsey - Minkah Fitzpatrick - Vonn Bell - Jaire Alexander - ???

I feel like Bell is kinda just a guy in BDL terms, but the rest of that is pretty damn good. Need a better player than Kinlaw next to Clark and an heir apparent to Wagner.

Diontae Johnson at the 1st rd level and Miles Sanders as a 3rd both feel like overpays imo. I can't imagine anyone ponying up more than a 3rd for Johnson, if that, and any deal he's offered will likely be matchable. I'm not sure you could give Sanders away.

27 minutes ago, Blue said:

I feel like Bell is kinda just a guy in BDL terms, but the rest of that is pretty damn good. Need a better player than Kinlaw next to Clark and an heir apparent to Wagner.

If Bell is the weakest link in my secondary I'll be pretty happy. Definitely need to find a nice piece next to Clark and at the slot CB spot. My plan for the non-draft parts of the offseason is to beef up my defense primarily. I know I'm not competing next year anyways so I just want a fun, stifling defense.

And I'm hoping Willie Gay Jr. can be the heir apparent to Wagner but next season will tell that for sure and if not I target someone then.

24 minutes ago, Blue said:

Diontae Johnson at the 1st rd level and Miles Sanders as a 3rd both feel like overpays imo. I can't imagine anyone ponying up more than a 3rd for Johnson, if that, and any deal he's offered will likely be matchable. I'm not sure you could give Sanders away.

I know at least one person who potentially was going to bid on Johnson at the 2nd round tender. Johnson has been inconsistent but he's at least a top 15 WR if he can get his drops under control like he did for the first like 2/3rds of this season. He was 5th in receiving yards this season with Roethlisberger's corpse throwing to him. And he's a good compliment to Pittman and a good fit for what I like to do on offense as far as getting guys in space.

As for Sanders, maybe. He was dealing with injuries all year iirc and is also a fit for the kind of things I like to do on offense with running backs. Plus the potential synergy with Hurts if they have a good year next year and he's a good compliment to AJ Dillon and Leonard Fournette. It's only a 1 year commitment and like I said, I'm not competing this year anyways.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blue said:

DeMarcus Ware not making 1st ballot Hall of Fame is disgusting

This and Zach Thomas continuing to be that criminally underrated is an absolute joke. Those ZT54 and Jason Taylor Dolphins teams were fantastic defensively. They gave both TB12 and Manning a hard time even in their bad years.

Just now, rackcs said:

And I'm hoping Willie Gay Jr. can be the heir apparent to Wagner but next season will tell that for sure and if not I target someone then.

I know at least one person who potentially was going to bid on Johnson at the 2nd round tender. Johnson has been inconsistent but he's at least a top 15 WR if he can get his drops under control like he did for the first like 2/3rds of this season. He was 5th in receiving yards this season with Roethlisberger's corpse throwing to him. And he's a good compliment to Pittman and a good fit for what I like to do on offense as far as getting guys in space.

As for Sanders, maybe. He was dealing with injuries all year iirc and is also a fit for the kind of things I like to do on offense with running backs. Plus the potential synergy with Hurts if they have a good year next year and he's a good compliment to AJ Dillon and Leonard Fournette. It's only a 1 year commitment and like I said, I'm not competing this year anyways.

Ah, yeah, didn't realize you had a replacement in the wings.

I think I know exactly who that was and I'd let them do it. This is such a good receiver class, if they want to give you a 2nd for a guy who is probably a BDL WR3, let them. You can get as good a player for cheaper and longer with that pick.

Sanders has missed 9 games the last two years and I can't remember the last time he was 100% healthy. Maybe you hit him with a 5th/6th round tender but it's not like you need him with Dillon and Fournette.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

For what it’s worth, Diontae is highly highly likely to be a top 20 WR. Thank Big Ben and his super reliance on making Johnson the leader in the Steelers target share.

I don't think Diontae is the best receiver on his own team, and I don't think either of them are No. 1 receivers in BDL.