BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, MD4L said:

It gets me excited for 1.8. We’ll have a player we really like in all likelihood. And trading down may still be the best choice.

Definitely. I had a locked in top 7 that’s why I moved up to 7 I was happy with any of those players based on game film. But I now have a top 11 I love so having pick 9 ensures I get one of those also. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Definitely. I had a locked in top 7 that’s why I moved up to 7 I was happy with any of those players based on game film. But I now have a top 11 I love so having pick 9 ensures I get one of those also. 

Good to know if I let him slide, he’s going #9 overall. 

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

K but……its not because of what my I said my last post Captain Reading Comprehension 

Look you are going to pay a RB 12k in a cap strapped year that can’t stay on the field. So after draft you’re at 22.5k even if you three down a 15k contract (not sure who you have) so let’s say you’re at 37.5 k and you knock off 12k for McCaffrey you’re still using 32% of your available cap on him. A big chunk. Captain thespian. I will add that I do think keeping him and not letting him walk for nothing is the beat choice.

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Look you are going to pay a RB 12k in a cap strapped year that can’t stay on the field. So after draft you’re at 22.5k even if you three down a 15k contract (not sure who you have) so let’s say you’re at 37.5 k and you knock off 12k for McCaffrey you’re still using 32% of your available cap on him. A big chunk. Captain thespian. I will add that I do think keeping him and not letting him walk for nothing is the beat choice.

What I’m saying is I’m basically swapping his contract out for someone I’m going to 3 down so what I have is pretty much what I’m starting with 

11 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

16. Berlin- Jameson Williams WR Bama 

Berlin is going to have some tough decisions at this spot. Dean, McDuffie, Wilson or Williams. I know Rags wishes he had multiple picks right here. If Rags does trade Rodgers like I believe will happen I think he is more inclined to take Jameson even with his injury. I believe he will have an earlier pick in this round to address one of the other positions of need/want. 

Jameson is definitely on my short list at 16.  Lot of ways I could go.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

This means nothing considering current value and contract.

I bet you would have said this last year too and look at Micah...

You would have to spend a first rounder to get both guys. Or you can use a 7th and get Jack.

Easy decision IMO.