BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Even Zeke had a good first few years.

I’m not knocking him or the contract. I’m knocking the “Top 5 guy overall in the draft” take. That’s not remotely the case.

Mike Mayock had him ranked 3rd overall on his draft big board. That’s a former general managers perspective. Again #facts.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Mike Mayock had him ranked 3rd overall on his draft big board.

Well if he’s your barometer, then by all means, he speaks for everyone. I guess that the real 32 GM’s didn’t come close to feeling the same as the guy who took Ferrell 4 overall a few years ago.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

That’s a former general managers perspective. Again #facts.

I guess I’ll take 32 of the real GM’s perspectives

#RealFacts

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

Well if he’s your barometer, then by all means, he speaks for everyone. I guess that the real 32 GM’s didn’t come close to feeling the same as the guy who took Ferrell 4 overall a few years ago.

I guess I’ll take 32 of the real GM’s perspectives

#RealFacts

Shrug. He’s not the only GM to make skeptical picks early. And he identified Maxx Crosby so give credit where it’s due.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Shrug. He’s not the only GM to make skeptical picks early. And he identified Maxx Crosby so give credit where it’s due.

Sure. All the credit for missing on a ton of high picks and hitting on some Day 2 and 3 ones that the law of averages hit on for any general manager who has a pulse sherry for the sake of analytics. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

None of that makes Jack a top 5 prospect in that class lmao. Maybe to you. Did you take him top 5 in BDL?

I traded the farm during those 15 & 16 drafts for Drew Brees.

I believe my first pick in was in BDL’s 5th round in 16 and I took Laken Tomlinson. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Sure. All the credit for missing on a ton of high picks and hitting on some Day 2 and 3 ones that the law of averages hit on for any general manager who has a pulse sherry for the sake of analytics. 

Ok buddy. Thanks

But my point remains if you want Myles Jack come and get him.

Just now, MWil23 said:

MD4L: He was a top 5 guy in that class

Me: Posts definitive evidence to the contrary 

Frogs: You’re wrong because a guy who wasn’t a real GM at the time had him as his third overall prospect 

My opinion on these guys in this situation is irrelevant. I’m the seller. I want to let the player go and I want the late round pick. 

Gotta let the market know what’s up.

Just now, MD4L said:

Ok buddy. Thanks

But my point remains if you want Myles Jack come and get him.

I like Myles Jack just fine. He’s not and never was a top 5 guy in his draft class. He’s a relatively decent and highly overpaid off ball linebacker with major injury history concerns and marginal value in any other capacity.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I like Myles Jack just fine. He’s not and never was a top 5 guy in his draft class. He’s a relatively decent and highly overpaid off ball linebacker with major injury history concerns and marginal value in any other capacity.

Good thing we aren’t trading him to Cancun. Someone else w a different opinion can make the deal!

I think the winning strategy when trying to trade someone with less than ideal value is less lengthy discussion and more consistency in posting that he's available. WW always works out deals like this. 1 post. Everyday. Myles Jack available for a late pick. Eventually it gets seared into brains. 

One day, someone goes....."shoot I need a LB. OH, I can get Jack for a late pick."

• Like 2