BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

9 hours ago, Blue said:

okay yeah I agree on that, lol. It's really cringe and he's certainly not made himself likeable over the last year+. This one I don't think is his fault at all, though. Think it's ridiculous that everything he says or does gets micro-analyzed. Guess that's just how it's gonna be until he comes right out and says, "I'm playing for Green Bay this year."

Its 100% his fault. All of this really started when he lied about his vaccination status and put other peoples' lives at risk. Now, no one takes anything he says for being worth anything at all. I can't say I blame them, and I dont think he deserves better than that. 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Short of an absolute tanking at the Combine, I don't believe there's any chance MD4L lets Jermaine Johnson pass him.

You’re more than likely right but I will get bored mocking him the same player in all the mocks to follow so here is a little variance with a player he also really likes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

You’re more than likely right but I will get bored mocking him the same player in all the mocks to follow so here is a little variance with a player he also really likes

This is kind of where I'm at I try to keep it realistic to what I believe will happen but at the same time I'd like to try to Shake It Up a little bit because doing the same mock over and over again hes kind of boring

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

This is kind of where I'm at I try to keep it realistic to what I believe will happen but at the same time I'd like to try to Shake It Up a little bit because doing the same mock over and over again hes kind of boring

And it’s not an unrealistic shake up. Frogs is very open about the prospects he likes and he really likes Sauce. But the FSU connection and Johnson flying up boards makes sense as well.

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

And it’s not an unrealistic shake up. Frogs is very open about the prospects he likes and he really likes Sauce. But the FSU connection and Johnson flying up boards makes sense as well.

I mean the fact is there's no reason not to be when you have a top 16 pick. Whatever guys you're talking about the people in front of you I guarantee are already thinking about them whether they fit into their system whether they are worthy of the pick that they have et cetera so saying oh I really like Adam Hutchinson or I really like Kyle Hamilton well I really like tray burks, You're not really giving away information permission that somebody else doesn't already know like Gotham coming out and saying that they are most likely going to take an offensive lineman or a corner that's not really not shocking and people are already looking at the plans that they might be talking about as to whether or not they are worthy of being picked in that too that kind of information in that top 16 is not going to change what someone else does. And if it does you are still not the fool

• Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

@MWil23 How are you covering the Ukraine stuff in your classroom?

I read them the statement from Putin last night, and ironically, I'm in the middle of a Cold War unit in my U.S. History class, so when we went over the joint public statement from China and the USSR in 1948, Brinkmanship, Massive Retaliation, etc. that fell in line a week ago, and then explaining to them the historical geopolitical fallout...not to mention NATA and the UN.

Ironically, I also teach Western Civ I and II to my college students, so we literally just covered the Crimean War and last semester talked about the historical fallout from Russia and Ukraine (People of the Rus) back in the 9000s with Vladimir I converting to Orthodoxy.

Here we are 1,100 years later. Feels good man.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I read them the statement from Putin last night, and ironically, I'm in the middle of a Cold War unit in my U.S. History class, so when we went over the joint public statement from China and the USSR in 1948, Brinkmanship, Massive Retaliation, etc. that fell in line a week ago, and then explaining to them the historical geopolitical fallout...not to mention NATA and the UN.

Ironically, I also teach Western Civ I and II to my college students, so we literally just covered the Crimean War and last semester talked about the historical fallout from Russia and Ukraine (People of the Rus) back in the 9000s with Vladimir I converting to Orthodoxy.

Here we are 1,100 years later. Feels good man.

am living in the Matrix...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@rackcs you?

I actually have a doctor's appointment today and took the day off a few weeks ago lol trying to get some ideas for tomorrow, not sure what I'm going to do yet

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Racks plays them Simpsons episodes to prove they predicted everything.

This sounds pretty appealing though

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Requested off work tomorrow. Doing my best to power through today. Have almost all my extended family living in Kyiv, some got out to the countryside but most remain in Kyiv and cannot get out.

Dude thats awful.  Hoping for the best for them.

• Like 1