BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

14 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

md4l   I think kyler murray was top five, then he got hurt and he started playing awful

also md4l  Way too much love with Russell Wilson, he was awful playing hurt last year

Ironically it cost both of them in my QB rankings. I think Russell had credibility to be the best QB in the game. Since around the halfway point of last season, he’s been off.

And Kyler elevated from fringe top ten, top 5, got injured and fell back to around ten. 

Where is the inconsistency?

Just now, MD4L said:

Ironically it cost both of them in my QB rankings. I think Russell had credibility to be the best QB in the game. Since around the halfway point of last season, he’s been off.

And Kyler elevated from fringe top ten, top 5, got injured and fell back to around ten. 

Where is the inconsistency?

it read like you were forgiving murray for playing through an injury while discrediting wilson for playing through an injury tbh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Jesse Pinkman Reaction GIF by Breaking Bad

Solely based on potential. The film was awful but fortunately that end of the year game against Indianapolis is a glimpse of what can be.

His supporting cast + coaching staff did him no favors. If he was on the Patriots, they would be a legit super bow contender.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Fringe top 10. I’ve always been an Allen supporter. He was my number 1 QB the year he was drafted.

Just now, MWil23 said:

That he was called a project for a reason. That's like holding Peyton Manning's rookie season against him. I wanted him to "prove it" this year and he definitely did.

He was never a pro ready prospect. He basically was a hybrid wildcat quarterback who has developed into a phenom.

I ask because by nearly any metric you want to use, his 2021 season was a lot closer to his 2019 season than 2020. I think he's secured himself as a top-10 quarterback (begrudgingly, because I quite vocally believed he was an overrated prospect), but jury is very much out as to whether he deserves to be in that Mahomes/Rodgers/Wilson tier.

And for those of you cementing Burrow automatically in the Top 5, that Bengals D is largely why they went on that run. Are we also going to pretend he wasn't Top 5 in the NFL in INT's this year?

He's absolutely legit a Franchise QB and headed in that direction, but he's not there yet, and neither is Herbert. I need to see him actually have a winning record or make the playoffs first.

Again, they will be, but they aren't yet.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

yeah but the difference is I am objectively right

All the millions and career in football you’ve got certainly stands to prove it.

Of course, there is a lame camera joke you can fire back. But if you’re that quality of accuracy, why exactly don’t you do this professionally?

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

man I cannot emphasize how bad Matt Ryan is now, I have to believe y'all just don't see enough of the Falcons to know that

I see him being constantly under siege behind a mostly crap o line with everyone blitzing him like crazy cause his number one WR is Russel Gage and no one is worried about any of their WR

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

I ask because by nearly any metric you want to use, his 2021 season was a lot closer to his 2019 season than 2020. I think he's secured himself as a top-10 quarterback (begrudgingly, because I quite vocally believed he was an overrated prospect), but jury is very much out as to whether he deserves to be in that Mahomes/Rodgers/Wilson tier.

He's infinitely more efficient thus far in his career than Joe Burrow, and I know you're going to hate hearing that. He also has half the running game, and his OL is a lot closer to Cinci's than many would like to admit. He accounts for 80+% of that offense.

7 minutes ago, MD4L said:

All the millions and career in football you’ve got certainly stands to prove it.

Of course, there is a lame camera joke you can fire back. But if you’re that quality of accuracy, why exactly don’t you do this professionally?

Sir, Matt Millen ran an NFL team. Every single person in this league could run the Cleveland Browns better than the people who actually have for most of the past 25 years. Do not act like being employed by an NFL team or the NFL itself automatically makes you more qualified to talk about this stuff.

Edited by Blue
helps to include words

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And for those of you cementing Burrow automatically in the Top 5, that Bengals D is largely why they went on that run. Are we also going to pretend he wasn't Top 5 in the NFL in INT's this year?

He's absolutely legit a Franchise QB and headed in that direction, but he's not there yet, and neither is Herbert. I need to see him actually have a winning record or make the playoffs first.

Luckily for you the Chargers had a winning record this year, prayers answered

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I actually agree. The Bengals defense wasn’t an overall dominant unit, but talent at each level (Logan Wilson appreciation post), and a team as a whole that got hot at the right time. Burrow was the orchestrator of all that, so his rub is the strongest.

Same sort of applies with Stafford. There is a lot of things you can say to not qualify him as a top tier QB, but I’m giving him the overwhelming benefit of the doubt because his playoff run.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Sir, Matt Millen ran an NFL team. Every single person in this league could run the Cleveland Browns than the people who actually have for most of the past 25 years. Do not act like being employed by an NFL team or the NFL itself automatically makes you more qualified to talk about this stuff.

Again, that’s besides the point. If you are this qualified in your observations, why aren’t you pursuing this as a career? You can say whatever you want about Millen; there are various other well qualified people whom never earned that head position.

Thus, if you’re as qualified as you say, why don’t/didn’t  you pursue it as a career?

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No. 1 in YPA. No. 2 in QB rating. No. 1 in completion percentage. Interception rate wasn't good, agreed, but he's a second-year player coming off a season-ending injury. I think all of that was very impressive even without the Super Bowl run.

(they were a pretty average defense throughout the season too)